Multiple Tables in a Tournament Game

For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
MasterMog

Multiple Tables in a Tournament Game

Post by MasterMog »

How are mutiple tables handled in a tournament? For Example; if I have two tables with 10 seats each and only 15 players join will it assign the first 10 to table 1 and the next 5 to table 2 or will it alternate assignments between the table so that you could end up with something like an 8 and 7 split?

If I set the seat number for each table to 8 seats with 15 players and the tables are split something like 8 and 7 will it combine the players to a single table if 4 players were eliminated from each table?

Thanks
Mack
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Multiple Tables in a Tournament Game

Post by Kent Briggs »

MasterMog wrote:How are mutiple tables handled in a tournament? For Example; if I have two tables with 10 seats each and only 15 players join will it assign the first 10 to table 1 and the next 5 to table 2 or will it alternate assignments between the table so that you could end up with something like an 8 and 7 split?

If I set the seat number for each table to 8 seats with 15 players and the tables are split something like 8 and 7 will it combine the players to a single table if 4 players were eliminated from each table?
Tables are always evenly balanced so that when one table has 2 or more players more than another table, the person that was next to get the big blind will be moved to the smaller table. When there are enough empty seats in the tournament to equal a whole table, the smallest table is broken up and those players are evenly dispersed to the other tables. So in your first example, they start at an 8/7 split, play to a 5/6 split, and then merge after the next elimination. In your second example, they start at 8/7, play to a 5/4 split, and merge after the next elimination.
MasterMog

Re: Multiple Tables in a Tournament Game

Post by MasterMog »

Great response, Great Product. :D

Thanks