Ring Game Statistics.

For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
bappems

Ring Game Statistics.

Post by bappems »

I'm a sucker for statistics, and statistics also help the users become better players. But it can also be a unfair advantage to know everyone elses stats. So I thought I would put a query here to all the admins running Poker Mavens.

I have an application that I wrote for parsing out the hand-histories for ring games (I'm not sure if the tournament hand-histories are any different as we dont run tournaments here). This puts the selected logs into managed collections:

Table (Class)
- Hands (Collection)
- Players (Collection)
- Table Player Stats (Collection)

The Table class houses hands collection that contains all the hands that were parsed through. The hands collection also contains a players collection that houses everything the player did. The table class also houses the Table Player Stats collection that contains all players and 29 different statistics that we keep track of. These are:

(User Stats)
Current Balance
# of Hands seated
# of Flops seen
# of Turns seen
# of Rivers seen
# of Show downs
# of Wins
Total size of Pots Won
Losses
Total size of Pots lost
# of Pot Splits
# of All-Ins
Total Chips bet
Total Chips Won
# of Raises for PreFlop, Flop, Turn and River
# of Bets for Flop, Turn and River
# of Raises for SmallBlind, BigBlind and Button
# of Continuation Bets
# of Wins after PreFlop Raise
# of Rebuys
Total Rebuy ChipCount

(Table Stats)
# of Hands Dealt
Cancelled Hands
# of Flops, Turns, Rivers and Showdowns
Total Rake

IF anyone is intersted in the source code (C# .NET 2.x) let me know, and if Kent will allow, I'll upload it here. I figured I'm not the only one out there that likes statistics. This is just a basic application, but it may be something others can work off of for your own statistics.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Ring Game Statistics.

Post by Kent Briggs »

bappems wrote: if Kent will allow, I'll upload it here.
Yes, sounds great.
rjones33

Post by rjones33 »

Would love to see the source code for this. My email is [email protected]. This sounds cool... Thanks!
bappems

Post by bappems »

This is a simple example of the stats routine. You tell it the path to your Accounts and HandHistory files... Choose which files you want to include in the stats and hit parse.

I whipped the example up kinda quick, but hopefully you won't have any problems. I zipped up the solution folder, but I left the debug executable in there as well just in case you didn't want to recompile.

It's relatively fast. If ran on the same drive as the log files it will parse about 2meg a second worth of logs. I load everything into a MemoryStream and parse it from there.

If you have any other stats that you think would be helpful, let me know. I'm always looking for good stats to collect.

Mark

(File was removed and updated in a later post)
Last edited by bappems on Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CCCP

Post by CCCP »

Sounds like a great idea.

Any tips on how to actually use this... i'm bit of a programming noob.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

CCCP wrote:Sounds like a great idea.

Any tips on how to actually use this... i'm bit of a programming noob.
Just extract the TBBPoker-Stats.exe file from the zip. You don't need the source files. You'll get an error on first run because it defaults to some F: drive folder. But if you click Continue and then specify your actual account and hand history paths it'll save those in an INI file and work after that.
bappems

Post by bappems »

Message deleted see next post for more information
Last edited by bappems on Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bappems

Post by bappems »

I've removed the original download for the source files and have updated it to a more usable demo of the stats. This version also has parses out everything in the hand history files and is aware of the "Chat" messages that are put into the hand history. There are 2 files attached in this one. Just the application (Stats-App.zip) and the VS 2005 solution source code.

The stats app has a command line you can use: /admin

This puts the app in admin mode and allows you to access your raw Poker Mavens hand history files. From this interface you can then compress the selected files for users to use. These compressed log files are placed into the Logs folder right below where the application resides. If the /admin switch is not used, it will only show the logs folder where the compressed files are located. The thought behind this was to not give users access to the raw history files and only the files you want them to have access to. These compressed files can be given to the users to place in their log folders so they can get the complete history as well.

This also adds a graphical Hand by Hand display that allows you to visually see what happened in the hand. I put this into a customizable user control so you can change the colors, graphics and fonts just by setting some properties in the IDE.

This update also supports multiple tables. It will give you a list of all the tables found in the parsed history files and allows you to select that table for viewing.

There is also another command line switch: /showdeck

This probably won't be a switch that you should let your users know about as it shows what everyones hole cards are by parsing out the ** DECK ** line in the log file and adds the users hole cards (text only) on top of the graphical representation of their hole cards.

Theres also a new feature added that allows a user to paste their hand histories from the client (Copy all to clipboard) into the application and it will parse these out as well.

Example Hand History Screen:

The files are too big to attach to the message so you can dowload it from here:

http://www.bozax.com/Stats-App.zip (369K)
http://www.bozax.com/Stats-Source.zip (600K)

Mark
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

bappems wrote:I've removed the original download for the source files and have updated it to a more usable demo of the stats.
Thanks for sharing this. I haven't tested it yet myself but I can tell from the description that it was a significant amount of work involved.
bappems

Post by bappems »

Kent Briggs wrote:
bappems wrote:I've removed the original download for the source files and have updated it to a more usable demo of the stats.
Thanks for sharing this. I haven't tested it yet myself but I can tell from the description that it was a significant amount of work involved.
Quite welcome :). I love your Poker Mavens software and figured I would share some of my utils with the others. Hopefully someone else finds some use out of it.

Mark