Show Cards

Add your suggestions for improving Poker Mavens
nexusone

Show Cards

Post by nexusone »

Is it possible to add a "Show card" button, at the end of the hand, for all players who play a hand.
Actually only the pot winner can show his hand when everybody fold.
I know this option is unavalaible on major poker software, but I think it would be interesting to show good folds and discuss the way we've played the hand etc...
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Show Cards

Post by Kent Briggs »

nexusone wrote:Is it possible to add a "Show card" button, at the end of the hand, for all players who play a hand.
Actually only the pot winner can show his hand when everybody fold.
I know this option is unavalaible on major poker software, but I think it would be interesting to show good folds and discuss the way we've played the hand etc...
There would only be a few seconds at the end of the hand to press the button. It would probably have to be a checkbox that you could check in advance.
nexusone

Post by nexusone »

Yes... A checkbox is a good idea
thx
nexusone

Post by nexusone »

Do you plan to put it on a future release ?
Thx
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

nexusone wrote:Do you plan to put it on a future release ?
Thx
One problem I thought about is when to show. Say you folded and checked a box indicating your cards would be shown when the hand was over. But others in the hand went all the way to showdown. If your folded cards are shown at the same time as theirs, that will be very confusing, even if they were "ghosted" as they are when you mouse over your avatar. If it waited until after showdown was complete, then the hand would have to be extended to show those folded cards. And you know there will always be some fool who insisted on showing their folded cards every hand, delaying the game and annoying everyone else. So unless that was solved, I'd be less inclined to put that in.
selene

Post by selene »

Exactly. If there is a way someone can screw things up, it will always happen. Law of large numbers and all =/
arigorn

Post by arigorn »

I think this is a terrible idea in all honesty. Its an unessecary feature that will just delay the progress of the hands even further. Especially if a delay needs to be added... Imagine someone annoyed at the table, wanting to just annoy others and doing it every single hand. Just my 2 cents... Btw, if a feature like this does see production, I'd like the option to not allow it via server admin.