Wrong Start Date

Report bugs found in Poker Mavens
CanadaWest

Wrong Start Date

Post by CanadaWest »

Hi Kent,

I think we discussed this once but I can't find the thread.

When our server or the gameserver shuts down for any reason, the gameserver auto starts at boot up and the tourneys and tables are Auto online.

The problem is, with scheduled tournaments, the "start time" doesn't reset to what it was when it went offline. It appears to reset to the date/time that was last set manually by admin.

Ie. if I set the dates for all of our scheduled daily tournaments to August 11th and the recur minutes to 1440, then that tourney will reset for the 12th, 13th, 14th whether it is played or not. AS LONG AS THE SERVER STAYS ONLINE. If the server goes down on the 14th, when it restarts the tourneys will be set for August 11th again.

Kind of defeats the purpose of Auto Startup and Auto Online functions.
George
(CanadaWest)
www.playersclub.ca
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Wrong Start Date

Post by Kent Briggs »

CanadaWest wrote:If the server goes down on the 14th, when it restarts the tourneys will be set for August 11th again.
Sounds like the tournament file is not being updated on the reset and thus loses its place on a crash. I'll look into it, thanks.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Kent Briggs wrote:Sounds like the tournament file is not being updated on the reset and thus loses its place on a crash. I'll look into it, thanks.
Actually it doesn't even require a crash. It'll lose the date on a normal shutdown if you don't make any other changes to tournament settings. That'll be fixed in the next update.
CanadaWest

Post by CanadaWest »

Thanks Kent,

that has been a pain!
George
(CanadaWest)
www.playersclub.ca