Burn Cards

For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
bappems

Burn Cards

Post by bappems »

Kent,

As I was going through the logs I noticed the line for the Deck (used portion of the deck). What it looks like is there are no burn cards before the Flop/Turn and River. Is this right?

I thought there were always burn cards before each community card was dealt?

Or are these just not getting logged to the Deck line? If so any chance we could get them logged as well? As long as I'm asking :), could you also throw in a Rabbit line for the next XX amount of cards?

Mark
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Burn Cards

Post by Kent Briggs »

bappems wrote:I thought there were always burn cards before each community card was dealt?
Only in live play to prevent someone from knowing the next card to come because it could be marked. Since there's no chance of marking an electronic card, there's no need to burn any.
could you also throw in a Rabbit line for the next XX amount of cards?
I did consider showing the whole deck but that wasted a lot of space in the history file. Also I have plans to change the shuffling routine for security reasons so that instead of shuffling the whole deck prior to each hand, it will randomly pull cards from an ordered deck only as needed. And timings from player actions will influence the RNG seeding so that the computer itself does not know what cards are coming next until it actually deals them. So showing rabbit cards would have no real meaning then because they wouldn't be the same cards if the hand had played out naturally to the river.