Player Registration Utility 2.0 Released

For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Player Registration Utility 2.0 Released

Post by Kent Briggs »

CanadaWest wrote:your crash protect files are gone when the server comes back online, so no data.

So, the admin has to use Jones' app to record the data from your crash protect files BEFORE taking the server offline.
Actually you would just have to remember to run his app before putting it back online, while the crash files are still there.
CanadaWest

Post by CanadaWest »

Kent Briggs wrote:
Actually you would just have to remember to run his app before putting it back online, while the crash files are still there.
Cant be done. Not if the server settings allow auto start at bootup. Maybe you should archive the crash recovery files after they are used instread of deleting them.
George
(CanadaWest)
www.playersclub.ca
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

CanadaWest wrote:
Kent Briggs wrote:
Cant be done. Not if the server settings allow auto start at bootup. Maybe you should archive the crash recovery files after they are used instread of deleting them.
What you could do is make a .bat file that copied them to another folder and then started the game server. Then instead of using the auto boot feature, call that .bat file instead from the startup group. Or perhaps Ricky could add a command line option to his utility that would backup the crash files without any user interaction. Then your batch file could call his utility first before starting the game server.
CanadaWest

Post by CanadaWest »

And then another batch file to run after the game server starts that commands Ricky's appy to populate the tournament waiting lists!

Are you hearing this Ricky, buddy?
George
(CanadaWest)
www.playersclub.ca
rjones33

Post by rjones33 »

Hey Canada,

I will take a look at this. My original intent for the utility was not for crash protection, but for an easy way to re-register players fast if you know you need to modify a tournament or take the server offline for some reason. I actually think it accomplishes what I had in mind for the program very well, but I am open to expanding the functionality if it will help some folks out. I'll get back to you on this when I get a few minutes :)
Mr.Victor

Post by Mr.Victor »

Does anyone have a copy of this utility? The link in the OP is not good anymore. I would like to get this running on my server so any help would be appreciated.
rjones33

Post by rjones33 »

I'll fix the link, it will be back up today :ugeek:
Mr.Victor

Post by Mr.Victor »

just got this:

You are not authorized to view this page
You do not have permission to view this directory or page due to the access control list (ACL) that is configured for this resource on the Web server.
rjones33

Post by rjones33 »

Yeah, the old link will no-longer be good. I am switching the download section to a subdomain on the site and will post the link shortly. Thanks
rjones33

Post by rjones33 »

Hey Guys,

Here is the new link to download the player registration tool:

http://downloads.pokersharkz.net/Player ... tion20.zip

You can also download AdChat from the following link:

http://downloads.pokersharkz.net/AdChat.zip

Enjoy!