PM Firefox bug?

Report bugs found in Poker Mavens
imperialized

PM Firefox bug?

Post by imperialized »

Not sure here 100% will still need to do some further research myself, however..

When I leave my FF window open with my poker client loaded up (not sitting at any tables) for a long time (up to a day or so) firefox will start to use a LOT of memory.. last checked it was at 300MB.

Another thing that I noticed that didnt happen with previous versions of PM.. when loading up the client, again.. using FF, when the client first loads it seems to drag the entire browser to a stand-still -- though for only, 5-10 seconds while it loads, it didnt used to happen like that.. And due to the longer load, when the online players are loaded it shows a blank name for about 5-10 seconds while it is loading..

I've tried using both my LAN and WAN IP -- same results.
David Lallone
http://www.whypaypoker.com
WhyPayPoker Owner
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: PM Firefox bug?

Post by Kent Briggs »

imperialized wrote:Not sure here 100% will still need to do some further research myself, however..
When I leave my FF window open with my poker client loaded up (not sitting at any tables) for a long time (up to a day or so) firefox will start to use a LOT of memory.. last checked it was at 300MB.

Languages like JavaScript (used by the Flash player) have their own internal garbage collection mechanism that determines when to allocation new memory for new objects and when to reuse space from discarded objects. It could be FireFox has allocates a big heap of memory for that. Or it could be memory leak in the poker client. I'd be curious to know if you get the same result running IE or Chrome.
Another thing that I noticed that didnt happen with previous versions of PM.. when loading up the client, again.. using FF, when the client first loads it seems to drag the entire browser to a stand-still -- though for only, 5-10 seconds while it loads, it didnt used to happen like that.. And due to the longer load, when the online players are loaded it shows a blank name for about 5-10 seconds while it is loading..
As I'm adding more and more customization features (graphics, color schemes, sounds, etc), those resources are being sent from the server after load time rather than being compiled into the flash client. However, those things should all get cached by the browser so subsequent loads should be much faster. Are you using any custom graphics or sounds? If so, what is your total file size? By "blank name", you mean the name of the site displayed in the Lobby window just below the menu bar?