Report bugs found in Poker Mavens
madcow

Re: 2.62

Post by madcow »

and yet, is it possible to create a program restart function through API mode ? .. so another person can restart the software while i am not online ..

thanks
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

madcow wrote:ok, i first passed 20hrs today
What is the memory use after 20 hours? By the way, did you look in the error and event log files on disk when the server last froze to see if there was anything unusual in them?
madcow

Post by madcow »

Hi Kent,
I disabled all the logs and it seem to run fine untill now .. sorry i didn't look at the log, cuz i disabled them in order to see if that's the log problem that keep writing to the system that create the memory problem ..
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

madcow wrote:Hi Kent,
I disabled all the logs and it seem to run fine untill now .. sorry i didn't look at the log, cuz i disabled them in order to see if that's the log problem that keep writing to the system that create the memory problem ..
Were the logs enabled on the day the memory hit 134 MB? If so, did you look at the files saved in the data folder (error and event) to see if they were larger than normal or contained any unusual entries?
madcow

Post by madcow »

Kent Briggs wrote:
Were the logs enabled on the day the memory hit 134 MB? If so, did you look at the files saved in the data folder (error and event) to see if they were larger than normal or contained any unusual entries?
hi Kent,
yes the logs were enabled on those day that the memory went up to 134mb .. and i didn't look at the files that save, i didn't know what to look for.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

madcow wrote:yes the logs were enabled on those day that the memory went up to 134mb .. and i didn't look at the files that save, i didn't know what to look for.
Do those files still exist? Is there anything at all in the Error log for that day? Is the size of the Event log significantly different than the one from the day before or the day after?
madcow

Post by madcow »

hi Kent, i did check and didn't see any event log files ..
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

madcow wrote:and yet, is it possible to create a program restart function through API mode ? .. so another person can restart the software while i am not online ..thanks
A Windows app can't restart itself unless there is some kind of loader program running separately. I could make a function that reboots the computer and it would restart then if you had the "Auto start server at bootup" option enabled.
madcow

Post by madcow »

Hi Kent,

that would be great option to choose as well, but as i saw is that, you can do reboot the computer and with the option of autobootup, but you have to login in order for PM to run .. is there a way that when the system reboot and it will auto run without login to the system ? ...
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

that would be great option to choose as well, but as i saw is that, you can do reboot the computer and with the option of autobootup, but you have to login in order for PM to run .. is there a way that when the system reboot and it will auto run without login to the system ? ...
It is possible to get Windows to automatically login a user but it requires a registry entry modification. I can't remember offhand what that was exactly but you could probably find it via Google. I do remember one problem I had with that before was the auto Windows login was in a different session than when I came in via Remote Desktop and thus I couldn't access the running program. I plan on making the game server run as a Windows service in a future version so that shouldn't be an issue then.