slow to load client

Report bugs found in Poker Mavens
Terry weaver

slow to load client

Post by Terry weaver »

Im running the server and the client on the same puter.Its a AMD dual core 2.41 GHz processor and 4 megs of ram.Everyone else downloads the client VERY fast and has very few problems,,but takes me up to 10 mins to down it,,and just as long to open a table.After table opens I often get long lags,just short of timing out of the hand.Any ideas on what could be wrong.Ohh and I am on high speed cable as my ISP.TY anyone for suggestions.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: slow to load client

Post by Kent Briggs »

Terry weaver wrote:Im running the server and the client on the same puter.Its a AMD dual core 2.41 GHz processor and 4 megs of ram.Everyone else downloads the client VERY fast and has very few problems,,but takes me up to 10 mins to down it,,and just as long to open a table.After table opens I often get long lags,just short of timing out of the hand.Any ideas on what could be wrong.Ohh and I am on high speed cable as my ISP.TY anyone for suggestions.
Are you connecting to your own Internet IP? It's probably got something to do with going out your own router and back in (assuming you have a router). What happens if you connect to your Local IP or localhost at 127.0.0.1? Don't forget to append the file port to the end of the URL.
Terry weaver

Re: slow to load client

Post by Terry weaver »

K TY for the help had to use my LAN IP instead of my WAN IP,,duhhh. :? works perfect now.