Report bugs found in Poker Mavens
madcow

Post by madcow »

Hi Kent,

reguarding the memory increased like on the 2.6 beta which we were talking about the ping loop .. for this 2.62, after i upgraded .. i get the same memory problem every like 24 hrs ... and then the server suddenly froze ..

can you have a look please ..

thanks
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: 2.62

Post by Kent Briggs »

madcow wrote:reguarding the memory increased like on the 2.6 beta which we were talking about the ping loop .. for this 2.62, after i upgraded .. i get the same memory problem every like 24 hrs ... and then the server suddenly froze ..
What do you have set for "Maximum log items" in the Log Settings group? What does the Windows Task Manager show in the Memory column for PMServer.exe after a fresh restart and then every 4 hours or so?
madcow

Post by madcow »

HI kENT,

the max log item is set as default 10000
the max log days set to 7 days
and for the memory column grew up to 134megs meg in like 24 hrs and it started with around 20meg and growing slowly as it online ..
thanks
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

madcow wrote:HI kENT,

and for the memory column grew up to 134megs meg in like 24 hrs and it started with around 20meg and growing slowly as it online ..
thanks
If you put take the game server offline (but don't exit the program) before a freezeup, does that reduce the memory footprint? Or do you have to completely close the program? Are you using any API functions?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Kent Briggs wrote: If you put take the game server offline (but don't exit the program) before a freezeup, does that reduce the memory footprint? Or do you have to completely close the program? Are you using any API functions?
Also, are you manually changing any settings via the Windows console or Remote Admin interface during that time? I just asked the Eve Online admin to check his system and he's only at 16M ram and has been online with version 2.62 for 2 days with an average of around 50 logins or so around the clock.
madcow

Post by madcow »

Kent Briggs wrote:
madcow wrote:HI kENT,

thanks
If you put take the game server offline (but don't exit the program) before a freezeup, does that reduce the memory footprint? Or do you have to completely close the program? Are you using any API functions?
hi Kent,
no, i can't even go into the program .. it frozen up .. and it happens again .. i am not online for a bit it happens .. i had to use the task manager to kill it and start it again ..
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

madcow wrote:no, i can't even go into the program .. it frozen up .. and it happens again .. i am not online for a bit it happens .. i had to use the task manager to kill it and start it again ..
What happens if you put it offline well before that time (i.e., don't wait until it gobbles 134 MB of ram). What about my other questions above? We need to figure what is different about your site compared to others that aren't having this problem. If you make a note of the memory footprint every hour after going online, does that plot out to a straight line?
madcow

Post by madcow »

Kent Briggs wrote:
madcow wrote:no, i can't even go into the program .. it frozen up .. and it happens again .. i am not online for a bit it happens .. i had to use the task manager to kill it and start it again ..
What happens if you put it offline well before that time (i.e., don't wait until it gobbles 134 MB of ram). What about my other questions above? We need to figure what is different about your site compared to others that aren't having this problem. If you make a note of the memory footprint every hour after going online, does that plot out to a straight line?
Hi Kent,
the other question you meant using the admin API at that time ? .. no, i wasn't at the computer .. but using the API command as users, i think yes, cuz i have it setup with vn2.com so users can pull the chip leaders stats up ..

and the reason it goes to 134mb without my attention is that i am not present online .. these couple days i was busy and it happened ..

since this morning, the plot is not going out to a straight line ..
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

madcow wrote:since this morning, the plot is not going out to a straight line ..
If you notice a significant increase, check the event logs since you last observed it and see if you can find any patterns as to the cause. I've yet to find any memory leaks on my own so it's probably tied to a particular event or function.
madcow

Post by madcow »

Kent Briggs wrote:
madcow wrote:since this morning, the plot is not going out to a straight line ..
If you notice a significant increase, check the event logs since you last observed it and see if you can find any patterns as to the cause. I've yet to find any memory leaks on my own so it's probably tied to a particular event or function.
Hi Kent,

ok, i first passed 20hrs today .. i will see how it goes after today .. it seem like, when i am online it's scared of me ..