Chat colors with 2.45

Report bugs found in Poker Mavens
Demented

Re: Chat colors with 2.45

Post by Demented »

I'll go play some hands and get a screenshot of when it happens again.
Demented

Post by Demented »

It didn't happen to me when I was trying to get the bug to happen, but it happened for someone else. It does it with black, blue, red and purple.

Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Kent Briggs wrote:This should now be fixed in 2.47
I found the problem with the chat colors. The change I made in 2.47 actually had no effect at all because I didn't convert the color from its raw integer value to a valid HTML hex color. So instead of outputting something like this for red:

<font color="#FF0000">Name:</font>

it was doing this:

<font color="16711680">Name:</font>

and since that's not a valid color in HTML it just got ignored.
Demented

Post by Demented »

That's odd. Been a while since I've worked with C, but wouldn't there be an EndText with the value 1 to for that color to only be for what's between the start text and end text, or is it just the chat layout that makes it a problem if it gets detected as one line? Never did like 0xBBGGRR
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Demented wrote:That's odd. Been a while since I've worked with C, but wouldn't there be an EndText with the value 1 to for that color to only be for what's between the start text and end text, or is it just the chat layout that makes it a problem if it gets detected as one line? Never did like 0xBBGGRR
The code in the flash client is actually a flavor of Javascript. The underlying bug of the colors changing is still something I don't know the cause of. Somehow the text box's default color changes and I suspect it's a flaw in the text box component itself. But the workaround is just to manually color everything with <font> tags as they are added.
Demented

Post by Demented »

Java...awww. I guess the good ol' days of C and C++ really are gone. :cry:
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Demented wrote:Java...awww. I guess the good ol' days of C and C++ really are gone. :cry:
Javascript actually, not Java. Adobe calls it Actionscript. It's the internal language of Flash. And to confuse it further, I don't even use Adobe tools. I use OpenLaszlo. And the server is written in Delphi, which is Pascal.