how to open the 8087 and 8088 ports for pmavens on w2k3

For discussion of the Poker Mavens server module and other administration topics
gchalhoub

how to open the 8087 and 8088 ports for pmavens on w2k3

Post by gchalhoub »

hi everybody
i need help with configuring or opening the 8087 and 8088 ports on windows 2003 server for poker mavens2.38 gold
i have the windows firewall disabled but still cant connect from the internet on the following ports
help plz
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: how to open the 8087 and 8088 ports for pmavens on w2k3

Post by Kent Briggs »

gchalhoub wrote:hi everybody
i need help with configuring or opening the 8087 and 8088 ports on windows 2003 server for poker mavens2.38 gold
i have the windows firewall disabled but still cant connect from the internet on the following ports
help plz
Is this computer behind a router or directly connected to the internet?

If behind a router you should have a LAN IP typically in the range of 192.168.1.xxx and you must have that selected as your Local IP. Then you must set port forward entries for 8087 and 8088 in your router setup that point to that Local IP.

If you're directly connected to the internet then make sure your Local IP and Internet IP settings are the same and are correct. Use the Lookup button to make sure . You can also include the localhost address (127.0.0.1) as one of the Local IPs but it can't be the only one.

Also you should patch up to the latest version. There have been a lot of changes since 2.38.
gchalhoub

Post by gchalhoub »

thank you for your quick reply
i made the upgrade for the latest version thanks a lot
about the ip issue that computer has two network interfaces
one for local network and its assigned via dhcp by the way i have access via lan
and the other is connected directly to the internet (it has a real ip)
so i am unable to access it from the internet .
every thing work normaly on the lan
but its inaccessible from the internet
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

gchalhoub wrote:thank you for your quick reply
i made the upgrade for the latest version thanks a lot
about the ip issue that computer has two network interfaces
one for local network and its assigned via dhcp by the way i have access via lan
and the other is connected directly to the internet (it has a real ip)
so i am unable to access it from the internet .
every thing work normaly on the lan
but its inaccessible from the internet
What do you have set for the Internet IP address and the Local IP address in the Poker Mavens configuration? If you set "Directory listing" to Yes, can you get your site to show up in the listing at http://www.pokermavens.net ?
gchalhoub

Post by gchalhoub »

i filled the internet ip address field with the real ip[ coming from my isp and the local ip address ifilled it with the ip coming from the dhcp and the loopback address
about the directory listing iits listed its www.mcholdem.com but the ip address when u press play poker isnt the good one bcoz its the site builders real ip and they didnt change it yet for me, now i am testing it using another real ip and to access it i put in the address bar http://MY REAL IP:8087 and still cant access it and the weird thing i allready opened the ports 8088 and 8087 and added the program in the firewall options.
thanks for ur reply
reguards
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

gchalhoub wrote:still cant access it and the weird thing i allready opened the ports 8088 and 8087 and added the program in the firewall options.
How exactly did you "open the ports"?
gchalhoub

Post by gchalhoub »

first i ve tried with the firewall disabled it didnt work
second i've added the ports and the program to the exception list in the firewall when i enabled it
and same problem
i forgot to mention when iam doing netstat -ano and tasklist i can see the pmavens listening on the following ports
tanks for ur help and time
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

gchalhoub wrote:first i ve tried with the firewall disabled it didnt work
second i've added the ports and the program to the exception list in the firewall when i enabled it
and same problem
i forgot to mention when iam doing netstat -ano i can see the pmavens listening on the following ports
tanks for ur help and time
I'm not a network person but in a conventional LAN, there is usually a router acting as the DCHP device that is assigning local IP addresses to the various computers on the network. It's inside that router where you have to make port forward settings so that requests on your internet IP are forwarded to your local LAN IP.