Missing buttons

Report bugs found in Poker Mavens
Demented

Missing buttons

Post by Demented »

I just got reports from multiple people saying there have been missing buttons periodically. Everything but the time bank button. This is on 2.62.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Missing buttons

Post by Kent Briggs »

Demented wrote:I just got reports from multiple people saying there have been missing buttons periodically. Everything but the time bank button. This is on 2.62.
Likely do to a dropped connection causing them to miss a packet. I'll look into adding some kind of auto or manual table refresh function.
Demented

Post by Demented »

I'm not sure it's due to a dropped connection. With a dozen or so people who mentioned it to me, none of them say that they lost connection with the server the few times it happened.
Demented

Post by Demented »

The same people that had missing buttons yesterday just reported that it's still happening.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Demented wrote:The same people that had missing buttons yesterday just reported that it's still happening.
Did they mention the frequency, i.e., about every 10th hand, every 1000th hand, etc?
Demented

Post by Demented »

They say it only happens once. They leave the seat, sit back down and click ready and the buttons are back. A few hours later the buttons would go missing again and they'd do the same thing. Happens more in ring games then it does in tournaments. It seems it's happening to everyone at the same time.
Demented

Post by Demented »

Just happened again, but this time one of the guys got a screenshot for me. This happened about 2.5 hours after it first happened to him this morning.

Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Demented wrote:It seems it's happening to everyone at the same time.
Hmm, that would indicate to me that something is going wrong on the server end, as if it was overwhelmed and dropping outgoing packets. Not sure.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Hmm, so why has this never happened with any other version?
Demented

Post by Demented »

Kent Briggs wrote:
Hmm, that would indicate to me that something is going wrong on the server end, as if it was overwhelmed and dropping outgoing packets. Not sure.
I don't really think that's the problem. It only happens once in a while but the buttons remain gone until they click ready after people time out.

I think I was a little unclear earlier. The people that it's happening to are all at different tables when it happens. Probably just a coincidence that it is happening at the same time. It's just like the font color bug. Doesn't happen to everyone, but when it does happen it affects people at the same time.