For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Poker Mavens 2.60 / 2.61 Released

Post by Kent Briggs »

Upgrade patches:

http://www.briggsoft.com/patches.htm

New features:

* Added "Allow lurkers" option to Client Settings. This allows people to browse your site and observe live tables prior to logging in. Lurkers cannot use the chat feature.

* Added a "Private" field for tournaments and ring games for allowing observers to view passworded tables. Previously, setting a password on a table would keep everyone out who didn't know the password. Now the password just controls who can play there. The private setting is ignored if no password is set.

* Added "Observer chat" field for ring games and tournaments for banning chat from non-seated players.

* Added a "Custom" field to the player accounts. How this field is set and displayed is determined by four new Account Setting fields: "Custom field caption", "Custom field description", "Custom field edit", and "Custom field mouseover". The caption puts your own label to the field. The description can contain instructions when a player is allowed to change the field. Edit is a Yes or No value indicating if the player can set or change the field. And mouseover determines if the field is displayed in the avatar mouseover text.

* Added auto rebuy option for ring games. Players can now auto rebuy to any value up to the max buy-in. This is a checkbox option on the buy-in and add-more-chips dialogs.

* Implemented an automatic "Waiting for big blind" mode for ring game players. Previously new players were put in sitout mode until they clicked the ready button. Now they will be automatically dealt in when the next big blind comes around. They still have to option to start immediately with a "Start Now" button.

* Added a "Multiply bonus" option for tournaments. When this is enabled, the optional prize bonus is multiplied by the number of entrants.

* Added custom sound effects options to Client Settings. Now all the sound effects can be changed to use your own files. Sounds must be in mp3 format and should be recorded at 44100 Hz for best results. This feature is only available in the Pro and Gold versions.

* Added Table and Tournament Info buttons in client lobby window. This displays the same information as the General Info tab but now you don't have to open the table to see it.

* Added "Bring active table to front" option to client lobby menu. Previously this was the default option but it can now be disabled. When enabled, a table window will get the focus and be placed above any other table windows when it becomes the player's turn there.

* Added "Font size" option to client lobby menu. Previously the font was fixed at 11 points. Now the player can select from 9 to 13 points. Any change does note take effect until the next login.

* Added API and Remote Admin options for Trial and Lite versions. Previously these features were only in the Pro and Gold versions. This change was mainly done to encourage more third-party developers to write supporting functions with the API. Also if a site owner needs to hire an outside programmer for API work (i.e., from rentacoder.com, etc.) they can likely use the free trial version for the bulk of the work so you don't have to give them access to your live server.

* Client module now displays times in 12-hour am/pm format. For tournaments that start at a specific time, the time is displayed above the new "Tournament Info" button in the lobby.

* Client module is now pinged every minute to prevent premature disconnects.

* Fixed bug where a tournament would hang if "Remove no-shows" option removed all players.

* Fixed bug in "Suspend chat during all-in" option. Now it works in the extended chat window also.

* Hand helper text now hidden when hole cards are face down. Previously it would still indicate your hand, which defeated the purpose of flipping the cards face down to begin with.

* Server now prevents reserved characters in table names that cause listing errors. Those characters are "[", "=", "\", and "<".
cuervo5150

Re: Poker Mavens 2.60 Released

Post by cuervo5150 »

These are some fantastic upgrades, and my favorite is the bonus multiplier...nice touch.

A special thank you for adding in the new custom field that I have been naggin' about!! :P

You just made my day.

Thanks again for your work,

cuervo5150
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

cuervo5150 wrote:and my favorite is the bonus multiplier...nice touch.
Yeah, that was CanadaWest's idea. :)
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Kent Briggs wrote:* Server now prevents reserved characters in table names that cause listing errors. Those characters are "[", "=", "\", and "<".
For some reason that I've yet to figure out, the new "Tournament Info" button in the lobby window does not work if the tournament name contains a - (dash) character. It doesn't seem to be a problem for ring games, however. So until the next update, I'd suggest changing "-" to "~" or some other character if you have them in your tournament names.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Kent Briggs wrote: For some reason that I've yet to figure out, the new "Tournament Info" button in the lobby window does not work if the tournament name contains a - (dash) character.
This is now fixed in 2.61 (patches have been posted). The tournament info function was looking for a table number (beginning with a dash) to strip off the end of the tournament name.

I also fixed a color scheme bug for multi-table tournaments. The drop list of table numbers under the Observe Table button should now be in the proper color.