Hide Ring Games and Tournament

For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
omernesh

Re: Hide Ring Games and Tournament

Post by omernesh »

I'm hosting several "clubs" on my server. Each club has its own permission code (which is actually, the code ID#).
Is it possible to preset a filter, based on each user's account?
For instance, Let's say that custom filed #1 is the club ID code.

So if player 'X' logs in, with the club ID# 1234, show him only games with permission code# 1234 ?

Thanks.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

No, the filters are based only on game characteristics.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Kent Briggs wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:23 am No, the filters are based only on game characteristics.
I should amend that: if you set a Play Permission for a ring table or a Register Permission for a tournament, a player can elect to hide those using the "Hide Private" option in the filter when they do not have those permissions. That option is not checked by default, however.
omernesh

Post by omernesh »

Kent Briggs wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 11:07 am
Kent Briggs wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:23 am No, the filters are based only on game characteristics.
I should amend that: if you set a Play Permission for a ring table or a Register Permission for a tournament, a player can elect to hide those using the "Hide Private" option in the filter when they do not have those permissions. That option is not checked by default, however.
I see, that's a shame.
Would it be something you'd consider in future releases, so we could assign players to certain "clubs", so when they'll login, they'll see only their games & "open for all" games?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

omernesh wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 2:01 pm Would it be something you'd consider in future releases, so we could assign players to certain "clubs", so when they'll login, they'll see only their games & "open for all" games?
If you just instruct your players on how to use the filter, it would accomplish the same thing. But I might consider making that an admin option that cannot be turn off.
omernesh

Post by omernesh »

Kent Briggs wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:16 pm
omernesh wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 2:01 pm Would it be something you'd consider in future releases, so we could assign players to certain "clubs", so when they'll login, they'll see only their games & "open for all" games?
If you just instruct your players on how to use the filter, it would accomplish the same thing. But I might consider making that an admin option that cannot be turn off.
That would be awesome! Thank you.
The fewer "instructions" I'll have to give the players, the better. It will give them a seamless experience.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

I've now added a "Visible permission" setting to ring games and tournaments in v7.12 so any game can be shown or hidden from specific players based on their permission list.
omernesh

Post by omernesh »

Thanks!