Mavens Player - Full Screen Player for iOS and Android

For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
d416

Mavens Player - Full Screen Player for iOS and Android

Post by d416 »

Introducing Mavens Player for iOS and Android now available in the App Store and Google Play.
With this app you can login to your club's server, and play in full screen on the phone.

No Ads, No subscriptions, just a "Tip Jar" if you feel like supporting the development. ;)
The app will save your last used server URL so you only have to type it once.

In order to get a full screen experience, there are no extra buttons on the game view, so to exit the game:
• on iOS you'll long press in an empty area of the screen.
• on Android, you'll swipe down from the top, and then tap the Android back button twice.

https://mavenstables.com/#app

Please let me know what you think, and if you have any suggestions for the next release!
Custom Poker Mavens Tables - https://mavenstables.com/
codeplaya.com

Re: Mavens Player - Full Screen Player for iOS and Android

Post by codeplaya.com »

Interesting project, we hope you do your best with this app and helping mavens players to have better user experience .

We will be happy if there is a demo version and we can test it, to write you back here about our experience with mavens player.
Mavens Playa - Full Management Poker Mavens Platform
More Information and Purchase It on https://codeplaya.com/site/page?view=Ma ... ent-System
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

codeplaya.com wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 1:55 pm We will be happy if there is a demo version
You don't need a demo version when there are free live versions in the app stores right now.

What I like about this is that it is just a web browser app running in full screen mode so it should always load the correct client version for whatever site you connect to. My only suggestion is that it should force itself into landscape mode (if that's possible). The only iPhone I have is an ancient iPhone 6 that is running iOS 12 so I couldn't test it there since the app requires iOS 14 (requiring iPhone 6S or newer). That's not going to be an issue for 99% of iPhone users. The exit instructions for Android don't really match up with newer models where you just swipe up from the bottom and flick the app away vertically.

I've made this a sticky thread so it stays up top.
d416

Post by d416 »

Hi Kent,

Thanks for the feedback.
On iOS, it does go to landscape immediately, but I couldn't yet get android to react the same way.
I only have one physical android that I use for development, and that's how it behaved, but I should certainly try to update the instructions for other newer devices!
On Android my default long press worked in some instances, but it seemed to not work as expected after tapping your fullscreen button.
I'll continue to look into it
Custom Poker Mavens Tables - https://mavenstables.com/
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Kent Briggs wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 2:17 pm The exit instructions for Android don't really match up with newer models where you just swipe up from the bottom and flick the app away vertically.
For newer Androids you'll still want to click the FullScreen Mode button to remove the clock bar that appears at the top. After you logout, click the Exit FullScreen Mode button and then you can long-tap on an empty part of the screen (same as iOS) to get back to the app's opening screen. Newer Androids don't have the back and home buttons that the older versions had.

It seemed to work fine on my iPad although it displays the clock and battery meter on top of the lobby menu bar. But it doesn't interfere with it.
madcow

Post by madcow »

can you publish one that have the url encoded when compiled? which is of course to our specific domain name and each of us need to pay for your work, and how much would charge for that ? instead of asking for input, put in the url and take off the your logo and put our name in it or something, and when the app run, it will take us direct to the server. and can you publish for us on the ios as well ? cuz I don't have the account on ios to publish there. I only have on google play.

thank you

d416 wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 1:39 pm Introducing Mavens Player for iOS and Android now available in the App Store and Google Play.
With this app you can login to your club's server, and play in full screen on the phone.

No Ads, No subscriptions, just a "Tip Jar" if you feel like supporting the development. ;)
The app will save your last used server URL so you only have to type it once.

In order to get a full screen experience, there are no extra buttons on the game view, so to exit the game:
• on iOS you'll long press in an empty area of the screen.
• on Android, you'll swipe down from the top, and then tap the Android back button twice.

https://mavenstables.com/#app

Please let me know what you think, and if you have any suggestions for the next release!
yrog

Post by yrog »

Suggestion

I would like to see a customizable drop down list where all the PM sites I play on could be listed.

Thanks. Mavens Player is an improvement over the standard browser.
SpykeDaddy

Post by SpykeDaddy »

I tried this app and simply got a blank white screen after pasting in the URL. Is this a common issue? Does this not work with PokerMavens sites that have a password to enter?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

SpykeDaddy wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:13 pm I tried this app and simply got a blank white screen after pasting in the URL. Is this a common issue? Does this not work with PokerMavens sites that have a password to enter?
What happens if you add:

?SitePassword=xxxxxxx

to the URL?