Mixed Game Choice List Not Appearing

Report bugs found in Poker Mavens
dranks_game

Mixed Game Choice List Not Appearing

Post by dranks_game »

Three times we've experienced a bug in the mixed choice game where the list of games is blank and the only option is to choose OK.

1. I start games, pause the table, then resume once we have 5+ players. At first time the game resumed the list was blank and the user could not pick a game.
2. A player joined after a few orbits and the first time that user had the opportunity to pick the behavior described in #1 happenend.
3. The player that originally had the problem in #1 had it happen again later in the night.

In the 2nd case, it looks like the next available game in the list was selected and started after choosing the OK option. In the other two cases, we took the table offline, restarted the table, and the problem went away.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Mixed Game Choice List Not Appearing

Post by Kent Briggs »

Yeah, this is a known issue that I've yet to track down and cannot duplicate myself. See my 2nd post in the 7.01 announcement:

viewtopic.php?t=3725

Your comments about pausing and joining the table late may be a clue, however.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

I am finally able to reproduce this bug myself. It has nothing to do with the browser cache as was previously suspected. It happens when the player opens another table after opening the mixed choice table. When the mixed choice table receives the command to display the game list, it was updating the hidden grid on that last table opened, not its own table. That was caused by a coding error on my part where I had given the grid control an ID name instead of a class name and when other tables are opened there are now duplicate controls with the same ID, which is a DOM (Document Object Model) violation. So until I get another update out, players should avoid opening other tables when playing at a mixed choice game. Or at least, open the mixed choice table last.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Actually the problem turned out to be dumber than I thought. I was assigning the grid data to a global variable (instead of a local table variable) and every time you opened a new table it would take ownership of that data for itself. The same mistake was made in the ICM chop agreement dialog. I will have a 7.03 patch out soon.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Patch released: viewtopic.php?t=3743
dengland

Post by dengland »

Kent Briggs wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:39 pm Actually the problem turned out to be dumber than I thought. I was assigning the grid data to a global variable (instead of a local table variable) and every time you opened a new table it would take ownership of that data for itself. The same mistake was made in the ICM chop agreement dialog. I will have a 7.03 patch out soon.
Thanks Kent for sharing the details. I feel a little better about my hobbyist self when I hear people that can actually code fall into holes that I have too. :>)
dranks_game

Post by dranks_game »

Kent Briggs wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:32 pm Patch released: viewtopic.php?t=3743
Thanks Kent! This is awesome.