RingGameWait Callback

Add your suggestions for improving Poker Mavens
setspike

RingGameWait Callback

Post by setspike »

Hi Kent,

Feature request for RingGameWait callback would be to denote a different action if someone left because they got onto a table or if they left because they unjoined the waiting list.

Perhaps:
• Left wait list because they got on to table (Action: Joined Table)
• Left wait list because they unjoined wait list (Action: Unjoined)

Thanks for considering.

- setspike
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: RingGameWait Callback

Post by Kent Briggs »

Joining another table does not remove a player from a table's waiting list. They have to do that manually. Players can be in multiple waiting lists at the same time.
setspike

Post by setspike »

I meant the same table.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

setspike wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:41 am I meant the same table.
Ah, I misunderstood. I'll look into it but in the mean time you could just monitor the "Ring game join" callback.
setspike

Post by setspike »

I'm basically trying to track a person joining a table specifically from the table's wait list. Neither of the current callback APIs provide a definitive way to track that.

Hoping you could either modify RingGameWait or RingGameJoin to provide that information.

Thanks.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Note that the player could get pulled off the wait list to join the table but then decline the buy-in invitation. The callback would have already gone out and wouldn't know about that. So you would need to monitor the Ring Game Join callback anyway.
setspike

Post by setspike »

In my scenario, I'll be sending a text message that they've moved from the waiting list to being seated. If the player declines the seat, that's ok.
setspike

Post by setspike »

Kent - As an alternative, If possible, could an additional POST parameter be sent with the RingGameJoin callback that denotes how the person joined the table? Perhaps "From" where it can be set to either "WaitingList" or "Direct".

Thanks for considering.

- setspike
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

setspike wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:22 pm Kent - As an alternative, If possible, could an additional POST parameter be sent with the RingGameJoin callback that denotes how the person joined the table? Perhaps "From" where it can be set to either "WaitingList" or "Direct".
That wouldn't help you in the text message scenario you described because RingGameJoin doesn't fire until they've completed the buy-in process. I will add a third action for the RingGameWait event in the next update. Will probably call it "invite" or "table", haven't decided yet.
setspike

Post by setspike »

HI Kent,

Thanks for clarification on when RingGameJoin executes and thanks for taking on the requested change. Very much appreciated.

- setspike