guest view

Add your suggestions for improving Poker Mavens
madcow

guest view

Post by madcow »

hi Kent,

i read on the forum somewhere talking about the guest that able to view tables and stuff but can't play unless logged in .. what is the time line for this wished option?

T
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: guest view

Post by Kent Briggs »

madcow wrote: i read on the forum somewhere talking about the guest that able to view tables and stuff but can't play unless logged in .. what is the time line for this wished option?
I pushed that way back since no one has been asking for it. I still plan on having a "lurk" option eventually, though.
madcow

Post by madcow »

This is a very nice option, I would love to have it .. i thought u were working on it, so never ask... maybe everyone thought the same way i did ..
can you put it up front if possible?

thanks Kent
CanadaWest

Post by CanadaWest »

This is also a benefit of having tournament "tickets" rather than passwords. If a tournament is password protected (like our monthly championship) then other players cant watch the action.
George
(CanadaWest)
www.playersclub.ca
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

CanadaWest wrote:This is also a benefit of having tournament "tickets" rather than passwords. If a tournament is password protected (like our monthly championship) then other players cant watch the action.
More likely I'd just add a tournament field indicating if the password only applied to the Register button. If so then anyone could watch but only those that knew the password could register and play.
madcow

Post by madcow »

how about Ring games ?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

madcow wrote:how about Ring games ?
Yeah I could do the same there.
madcow

Post by madcow »

but can you not putting password or etc ?? (i don't really get this password point) .. who ever want to play they just have to login/click the login button ..

thanks ..
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

madcow wrote:but can you not putting password or etc ?? (i don't really get this password point) .. who ever want to play they just have to login/click the login button ..
The point of putting a password on a particular table (or tournament) is so that it can be reserved as a private table. Then a group of friends can play together without being bothered by anyone else. This is completely separate from logging into the site.
madcow

Post by madcow »

oh, thats great then .. thanks