Losing connection without notification

Report bugs found in Poker Mavens
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Losing connection without notification

Post by Kent Briggs »

madcow wrote:hi Kent,

i am using firefox
Try connecting to my demo site at http://www.pmserver.net and see if you time out there before the 60-minute idle kicks you out. I normally use Mozilla SeaMonkey but it should act the same as FireFox.
cuervo5150

Post by cuervo5150 »

Same here, 0 and they still occasionally drop off.
CCCP

Post by CCCP »

Hi Kent,

I'm not sure what the issue is (server, flash client, browser, ISP), but here's just a thought... can the server code be written to "ping" the client every minute or so to ensure the client remains active? I was thinking that might be a solution as we don't have this disconnection issue when things are actually happening (i.e. when players are active in a game, or chatting in the lobby)? I guessing that if information is being served to the client on a regular basis the connection doesn't time out.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

CCCP wrote:I'm not sure what the issue is (server, flash client, browser, ISP), but here's just a thought... can the server code be written to "ping" the client every minute or so to ensure the client remains active?
Yes, I could do that. Although that's happening anyway if there's any activity go on there. It would typically only help the first person logging in and waiting for someone else to log in. I'll look into it, thanks.