Chips on table lost on crash.

Report bugs found in Poker Mavens
CanadaWest

Re: Chips on table lost on crash.

Post by CanadaWest »

A thought, Kent..

What about using the most recent Hand History files on each startup to identify any tourneys that didn't complete? All the info should be there to restore the tourney to its state at crash.

Then have the tourney restore "paused" so admin can tell all the players when it will continue.

Does this make as much sense as I think?
George
(CanadaWest)
www.playersclub.ca
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Chips on table lost on crash.

Post by Kent Briggs »

CanadaWest wrote:A thought, Kent..
What about using the most recent Hand History files on each startup to identify any tourneys that didn't complete? All the info should be there to restore the tourney to its state at crash.
Then have the tourney restore "paused" so admin can tell all the players when it will continue.
Does this make as much sense as I think?
There's already a "crash" file created at the beginning of every hand. Currently it just holds enough info to refund player's account when the server is restarted after a crash. Restarting a tourney like that would take quite a bit of re-engineering of my code. Plus, the players usually have no idea if you're coming back on line in a few minutes or a few hours so it's not fair to make them wait around and see. I don't rule that option out in the future, though.