Deactivate the fold button without any previous chip-related

Add your suggestions for improving Poker Mavens
BigHunterSH

Deactivate the fold button without any previous chip-related

Post by BigHunterSH »

Hello Support-Team,

first of all a happy healthy new year !

One or the other time I have seen on the two poker servers that i used in the different games / variants that they pass without prior action. The player certainly wants to prevent his hand from being seen within the order of revealing. According to TDA rules, this can even be punished (see below).
With some software providers, this is already completely administered in such a way that the fold button is not offered as an action. With the PokerMaven server of the PPBL (e.g.) you will be asked in a friendly manner whether you really want to pass and you can really do this with confirmation.

Is it possible to administrate the software setting so that the fold is not offered without prior action(bet) (example below TDA rule 58) ?
Why am I for it? The poker software should also support the regular game with the specifications of the worldwide, voluntary standardization.
if this can't be set, is this a regular change request from your point of view?

When searched in the forum, I did not find any reference to a similar requirement. I would be surprised, if I am the player that like to have this. I would be happy, if this is possible and think, that it make sense as a real CR.

Greetings from Germany

Stephan (BigHunterSH)

POKER TOURNAMENT DIRECTORS ASSN.
2019 Rules Version 1.0 Sept 17, 2019

58: Non-Standard Folds
Any time before the end of the final betting round,
check or first to act post-flop) or folding out of turn are binding folds subject to penalty. See also 15-B.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Deactivate the fold button without any previous chip-rel

Post by Kent Briggs »

The last time I checked (which was many years ago) PokerStars allows players to fold when the action was checked to them so I implemented the same option in Poker Mavens. This is not a configurable option.
BigHunterSH

Post by BigHunterSH »

Hello Mr. Briggs,
in an email to the mailbox I have included two screenshots of Pokerstars and Partypoker as an example and my ChangeRequest request.The standard here is that we cannot fold if you have only checked beforehand.Is it possible to implement this change request / wish? waht do you mean ?

Feedback welcome

Stephan Jaeger aka BigHunterSH
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Why do you care if a player has this option, especially if they are given a warning that they could just check? There are situations where a player knows they have the worst possible hand and just want to fold immediately to get on with the next hand. Or they tried a bluff that didn't work and don't want to check down to a showdown.
BigHunterSH

Post by BigHunterSH »

For example, when Pokerstars introduced this change in 2016,
was probably the reason that inexperienced players who are not very familiar with the rules should be protected. Given the short given response times at PS, a confirmation pop-up would not have been acceptable.

For every change there are of course features for and against.

On the other hand:
a) I just want to fold if I think it's right
b) I don't want to show my bluff
c) this is not practiced in live games

Therefore:
a) the poker software should reflect the current set of rules (e.g. the TDA). House rules can surely override that.
b) As a player, I am interested in the cards with which my opponent paid or raised. I paid for it too
c) it helps me to assess players better when I see the cards (folding before showdown also helps)
d) loose, aggressive players have to think carefully about how to deal with bad, speculative cards

Personally, as an experienced beginner, it would help. But if it doesn't fit into the release plan or the type and scope of the software, I can live with it. if necessary, the server community can be asked whether this is an acceptable change.

thanks for the communication. Happy New Year.

Stephan Jaeger