remote admin

Add your suggestions for improving Poker Mavens
Alex

remote admin

Post by Alex »

can the account tab just have like search player?

it freezes up my computer whenever I try to go to it because there's so many accounts.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: remote admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Alex wrote:can the account tab just have like search player?
it freezes up my computer whenever I try to go to it because there's so many accounts.
How many accounts do you have? If you let it go long enough does it finish loading?
Alex

Post by Alex »

well my browser just keeps crashing so I'm not sure if it makes it all the way...

about 45k plus I think.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Alex wrote:well my browser just keeps crashing so I'm not sure if it makes it all the way...
about 45k plus I think.
Which browser do you have? I just tried an experiment after creating 50,000 accounts. Just running it locally, IE 8 sat there for 2 minutes and then put a "stopped working" message without even showing any of the list. In Mozilla SeaMonkey (same engine as FireFox I believe), it took over 5 minutes to load but it completed. Scrolling was sluggish, though. I got much better results using Google's Chrome browser. It loaded the whole list in about 70 seconds. The rendering of all that HTML (including all the checkboxes) must be causing the problem because when I call the AccountsList API from my browser, it returns the list in just few seconds. As I mentioned to someone else in another thread, moving the accounts to a database system will help. But that's a ways off. In the mean time, I might have to redesign that page to break it up into smaller pieces.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Thanks for the info.

What do you mean by database system?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Alex wrote:What do you mean by database system?
Currently each player account is saved as an individual text file and they're all loaded into memory when the server program starts. It's not very efficient when the number grows large. When I get around to converting that to a database, they will all be in one file and only accessed as needed.

By the way, I already have a better Accounts tab working for the remote admin interface. You'll be able to set the number of accounts shown per page and can navigate through them while maintaining the desired sort order. The only thing left to add is a player search box.