Losing connection without notification

Report bugs found in Poker Mavens
CCCP

Losing connection without notification

Post by CCCP »

Over the weekend I had a player log on with the intent of waiting for other people to join. It seems after about 15 minutes a few other players did end up going online and actually started a ring game. However the initial user didn't see in the lobby that these players had joined, and didn't see the ring game active. When he refreshed the browser and logged back in everything was back to normal.

I replicated the issue last night by logging on while it room was empty. It seems that sometimes the connection drops without any warning provided in the client. It can drop in as little as 5 minutes. Sometimes the client tries to automatically reconnect, and sometimes it doesn't. While it's not connected, you can't observe any tables (when you click Observe Table it doesn't open the table window).

The logs don't show a disconnect, and I've always had Max Idle set to 0.

I wonder if anyone else sees this issue, or it's just particular to my set up?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Losing connection without notification

Post by Kent Briggs »

CCCP wrote:I wonder if anyone else sees this issue, or it's just particular to my set up?
I just tried it on my demo site. I logged in and waited over 30 minutes before doing anything but never disconnected. Tried it with Max idle minutes set to 60 and 0 but that made no difference.
CCCP

Post by CCCP »

Hi Kent, thanks for the reply.

So, just for clarification, were you doing things during the 30 minutes?

I'll keep going and see if it resolves itself.

Cheers,

Paul
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

CCCP wrote: So, just for clarification, were you doing things during the 30 minutes?
No, I left the room and was watching tv during that time. I had an empty ring table showing and when I came back, I clicked on a seat, did the buy-in, and clicked the Ready button just to make sure the connection was still active. This was my demo system at http://www.pmserver.net if you want to try it there yourself. I have max idle set at 60 minutes.
madcow

Post by madcow »

i verified that, this happened to many lots of time too .. it disconnected me many time without notification .. i saw 2 users on my sites.. they can idle like half day .. but not me..

thanks
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

madcow wrote:they can idle like half day .. but not me..
Perhaps your internet service provider is killing idle connections?
madcow

Post by madcow »

hi,

no, i have the ssh session idle for a month now and still connected ...

thanks
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

madcow wrote: no, i have the ssh session idle for a month now and still connected ...
Maybe it's a browser setting. Which one do you use?
madcow

Post by madcow »

hi Kent,

i am using firefox
CanadaWest

Post by CanadaWest »

We have seen this on our site as well. I've found it a good reason to tell our players not to sit around doing nothing. LOL

I set the idle to 0 as well. Some players can sit on there for days and others time out after 15 or 20 minutes. I assumed it was their browser settings.
George
(CanadaWest)
www.playersclub.ca