Hand History Format

For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
ztnark

Hand History Format

Post by ztnark »

Is the hand history formatted in the same way as a big poker site such as party poker? I ask because I want to be able to replay hands using a replayer called popopop's.
rjones33

Re: Hand History Format

Post by rjones33 »

ztnark,

Here is a quote from Kent from another post regarding hand history log files:

"The hand history format was specifically designed to be both human readable and machine parseable. In fact, I use a nearly identical hand history format as all the online poker sites. See the PokerStars sample below. And all the various poker stats programs, including the two bigs ones (PokerTracker and PokerOffice) parse these files into databases for displaying all kinds of stats."

I can't say for sure if it would work in that specific replayer, but why not download the trial version and test it out for yourself...might be worth a shot.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Hand History Format

Post by Kent Briggs »

ztnark wrote:Is the hand history formatted in the same way as a big poker site such as party poker? I ask because I want to be able to replay hands using a replayer called popopop's.
It's very similar but every site has their own particular format. All those third-party stats/replayer programs were specifically programmed to work for the sites that they decide to support. They won't work automatically on other sites.