Making rake account a dat file

Add your suggestions for improving Poker Mavens
CCCP

Making rake account a dat file

Post by CCCP »

Hi Kent,

Our club's going to depend fairly heavily on the rake account. Is it possible for you in a future relase to move the rake amounts from the registry and make it like a player dat file? The main reason is so that it can be caputured in the account backups, rather than having to create a log entry or extract it manually out of the registry.

Thanks for your ongoing support of this software.

Cheer,

Paul
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Making rake account a dat file

Post by Kent Briggs »

CCCP wrote: Our club's going to depend fairly heavily on the rake account. Is it possible for you in a future relase to move the rake amounts from the registry and make it like a player dat file? The main reason is so that it can be caputured in the account backups, rather than having to create a log entry or extract it manually out of the registry.
Probably not (as a standalone text file) because eventually I'm going to move the player and rake accounts to a database file. You can also get the rake balances through the API with the SystemRakeGet and SystemEntryFeeGet commands. The server has to be online for that, however.
CCCP

Post by CCCP »

That's cool, thanks for the reply Kent.

Just an aside, if you're going to be moving everything into a database, can you please be mindful of backup methods if possible? I'm super paranoid about losing account data. It would be great if there was a single file or folder which contained all data. It would also make migrating servers even easier.

Thanks,

Paul
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

CCCP wrote:It would be great if there was a single file or folder which contained all data.
Yes, that is my plan also.
madcow

Post by madcow »

will it be supporting mysql ?

thanks
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

madcow wrote:will it be supporting mysql ?
Nothing has been decided yet but it's highly unlikely to depend on third-party software. I prefer a compact, turn-key system that I have full control over. Also it's better for both performance and security to grant access to program data via an API rather than letting people manipulate it directly and screw something up.
madcow

Post by madcow »

hi,

windows hosting and servers are not much popular as the linux environment (for many small potatos like me).. mysql is more available than msql and íts much better if we can run it off the main system .. getting one windows server is hard .. and íts harder to get 2 systems to run for the software .. ím talking about small site like mine .. maybe many others already have the mysql running .. but ofcourse we have to go with what you planned for and going for ..just my opinion .. and if you storing in database, doesn't matter if íts locally or remotely, people still manipulate and screw thing up .. :)

thanks
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

madcow wrote:windows hosting and servers are not much popular as the linux environment
My compiler is Delphi and currently it only supports Win32 so Linux is not an option.
and if you storing in database, doesn't matter if íts locally or remotely, people still manipulate and screw thing up .. :)
Not if it's a proprietary file format. The only way to screw that up would be to delete the file.