Tournament Registrations

Report bugs found in Poker Mavens
rjones33

Tournament Registrations

Post by rjones33 »

Kent,

I had a situation today where I had to reboot my game server. I had players that were registered for a freeroll tournament I am having in a few days and everyone was unregistered when I started the server again. I was under the impression that tournament registrations were retained, although I had never really tested it by rebooting the server. Is this normal operation or is it something that needs to be looked at? Thanks..
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Tournament Registrations

Post by Kent Briggs »

rjones33 wrote: I had a situation today where I had to reboot my game server. I had players that were registered for a freeroll tournament I am having in a few days and everyone was unregistered when I started the server again. I was under the impression that tournament registrations were retained, although I had never really tested it by rebooting the server. Is this normal operation or is it something that needs to be looked at? Thanks..
Taking the server offline takes all the tables offline. You can't have registrations for a tournament that no longer exists so those players were unregistered and their buy-ins were refunded. The software doesn't know that you're coming right back online so it doesn't hold their chips "hostage". I do plan on adding a manual registration feature to the server GUI for the administrator. There are already API commands for this so you could write a script that records the registration list and then re-registers those players when you come back online. Of course that's assuming the API is still working if there's a problem with the server. If not, there should be a file in the CrashProtect folder containing the names.
rjones33

Re: Tournament Registrations

Post by rjones33 »

Ok cool, thanks for clearing that up...I think I will write a little script for that scenario. Also, I think that will be a great addition when you add the manual registration to the GUI. I was looking for that earlier when I was re-registering everyone. Thanks again..