possible error ..

For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: possible error ..

Post by Kent Briggs »

madcow wrote:hi kent,
i just gonna give u the screen shot first ... i will talk to the users later when i see him ..
these are the screen shot for the call box .. the first "30" auto-call worked.. the user in front of also called that 30 .. but the next bet .. he folded and mine doesn't auto called ..
tx
I think I might know what the problem is. I'll check my code in the morning but I suspect that it's only happening when bets are over 999 and have a comma inserted as a thousands separator. And that's not matching the amount displayed in the checkbox, which doesn't use the commas.
madcow

Post by madcow »

hi,
as well as, can you fix something so we can type unicode utf8 on the chat screen ? .. sorry if this is too much request .. i can't type other character beside english ..
thanks
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

madcow wrote:hi,
as well as, can you fix something so we can type unicode utf8 on the chat screen ? .. sorry if this is too much request .. i can't type other character beside english ..
thanks
The flash client should already be UTF-8 capable, even though the Windows server console is not. I've copied and pasted Russian characters from a UTF-8 web page into the client chat and they displayed ok. What happens when you try it? You can post some screen shots of what it looks like and what it's supposed to look like.
madcow

Post by madcow »

hi Kent,

this is the video

http://206.225.132.200/t/tpye.html

and how do i set all the users with 0 balance up to their default balance in one command ?

thanks
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

madcow wrote:this is the video
http://206.225.132.200/t/tpye.html
I can't tell what what you were doing there. The video jumped around and most of it was blurry. What language are you using? Can you type a couple of words of it here that display correctly in this forum?
and how do i set all the users with 0 balance up to their default balance in one command ?
On the Accounts tab, sort the list by the Balance column, select the players with a 0 balance, select Chips|Set balance (or Chips|Increment balance) from the toolbar menu, type in the new balance. This will be easier in the Windows console because you can select the group of players with two clicks. In the Remote Admin interface, you have to check individual player boxes. To do this with API code, write a program/script that loops though the accounts with the AccountsList command and then set balances with the AccountsEdit or the AccountsIncBalance commands. Alternately, you can set "Allow balance resets" to "Yes" in the Account Settings and the individual players can reset their own balances from the flash client.
madcow

Post by madcow »

hi,

in the video, i was trying to type vietnamese, but it kept cut it off .. i can't type .. so i went up to the browser and type the same word and paste it down to the chat prompt ..
in this forum is not allow those character as well.. i tried to type up here, but it doesn't allow me ... i can pasted the character in the chat prompt but cannot type ..

and thanks for the api idea of setting the chips... i want it to be reset over night if the user forgot to reset it when he lost all his chips .. a lot of users thought it will be reloaded so they wait until next day but no chips credited ... or can we have this built in too?

and yet, is the download/installation client still working with the 2.46? can i have one copy for my server if it's possible .. thanks

thanks
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

madcow wrote:in the video, i was trying to type vietnamese, but it kept cut it off
It's probably a font issue. The default font used by my flash compiler (OpenLaszlo) is called Verity. I'll have to check to see if it contains Vietnamese characters. It probably doesn't.
a lot of users thought it will be reloaded so they wait until next day but no chips credited ... or can we have this built in too?
The system includes a "Balance reset minutes" setting that determines how often a player can request more chips. But they still have to make the request manually. Use the "Site news" feature to remind your players of this option if you enable it. Automatic reloads will have to be performed by you via the API.
and yet, is the download/installation client still working with the 2.46? can i have one copy for my server if it's possible .. thanks
You mean the original download link sent in the receipt email? Those automatically expire after 7 days. If you didn't save your original setup file, just send me an email asking for a fresh link. Remember that you can only run one server for every license purchased.
madcow

Post by madcow »

Kent Briggs wrote:
madcow wrote:in the video, i was trying to type vietnamese, but it kept cut it off
It's probably a font issue. The default font used by my flash compiler (OpenLaszlo) is called Verity. I'll have to check to see if it contains Vietnamese characters. It probably doesn't.
a lot of users thought it will be reloaded so they wait until next day but no chips credited ... or can we have this built in too?
The system includes a "Balance reset minutes" setting that determines how often a player can request more chips. But they still have to make the request manually. Use the "Site news" feature to remind your players of this option if you enable it. Automatic reloads will have to be performed by you via the API.
You mean the original download link sent in the receipt email? Those automatically expire after 7 days. If you didn't save your original setup file, just send me an email asking for a fresh link. Remember that you can only run one server for every license purchased.
yes, please take a look for the font .. i think it doesn't as well ..

for the client, no i meant before you have the clieant that install on users machine and use that to play instead of going throw the browser .. i had it once while testing before .. but not anymore .. if that is available for the current version, it would be much better if we can have both .. since going thru browser, sometime the browser eat up all the memory of the windows if the user play so long on the site .. i saw my firefox ate up 270mbs of ram .. that's a lot .. if we can have both, it's more than great ..

thank you.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

madcow wrote: for the client, no i meant before you have the clieant that install on users machine and use that to play instead of going throw the browser .. i had it once while testing before .. but not anymore .. if that is available for the current version, it would be much better if we can have both .. since going thru browser, sometime the browser eat up all the memory of the windows if the user play so long on the site .. i saw my firefox ate up 270mbs of ram .. that's a lot .. if we can have both, it's more than great ..
Version 1 had a Windows client but version 2 was specifically designed to run in any browser (Windows/Mac/Linux) as a flash client. The internal ActionScript will use whatever memory it has available but eventually its own internal garbage collector should kick in to clean things up when needed.
madcow

Post by madcow »

Kent Briggs wrote:
madcow wrote: for the client, no i meant before you have the clieant that install on users machine and use that to play instead of going throw the browser .. i had it once while testing before .. but not anymore .. if that is available for the current version, it would be much better if we can have both .. since going thru browser, sometime the browser eat up all the memory of the windows if the user play so long on the site .. i saw my firefox ate up 270mbs of ram .. that's a lot .. if we can have both, it's more than great ..
Version 1 had a Windows client but version 2 was specifically designed to run in any browser (Windows/Mac/Linux) as a flash client. The internal ActionScript will use whatever memory it has available but eventually its own internal garbage collector should kick in to clean things up when needed.
but can we have that windows client for this one too ? if it's dualable ...