possible error ..

For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
madcow

possible error ..

Post by madcow »

hi,

i got this from my user .. he got this repeatly appear on his screen ..

he tried on 2 computers and it got the same error..
Attachments
weirdo.gif
weirdo.gif (133.76 KiB) Viewed 11150 times
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: possible error ..

Post by Kent Briggs »

madcow wrote:hi,

i got this from my user .. he got this repeatly appear on his screen ..

he tried on 2 computers and it got the same error..
Did you change the default "Table chat graphic" setting under Client Settings? He may just have a corrupted image in his browser cache. Tell him to clear that while logged out:

http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser's-Cache
madcow

Post by madcow »

Hi Kent,
I asked my users to try to clear the cache both in firefox and IE and it still the same.. and yes, i used your customized color scheme .. he cleared everything it still got the same problem.

second, for the customized avatar .. i set it 3 times and the id to 0 and it keep changing back to ID #1 and the customized avatar is gone.. the server still running but didn't know why the avatar reset itselft ...

thanks
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

madcow wrote:Hi Kent,
I asked my users to try to clear the cache both in firefox and IE and it still the same.. and yes, i used your customized color scheme .. he cleared everything it still got the same problem.
Is it just one player having this problem? If so, ask him to go to this site and see what flash version he has:
http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/155/tn_15507.html

The color scheme settings are separate from the table graphics. Do you have anything set for these particular client settings:

Card back graphic
Table graphic
Table chat graphic
Table seat graphic
second, for the customized avatar .. i set it 3 times and the id to 0 and it keep changing back to ID #1 and the customized avatar is gone.. the server still running but didn't know why the avatar reset itselft ...
Are you using the Remote Admin interface to edit the player's settings? I just noticed I forgot to add a "0" to the drop list in the remote admin interface so if you edit the player's accounts from there it's getting set back to "1". I'll get a fix for that out shortly. In the mean time, just use the windows server console to edit player settings.
madcow

Post by madcow »

hi Kent,

1. i will ask the users to do what u said above.
2. i attached the color scheme you had up
3. and yes, i used the remote to edit the users.
4. the next move button "call" i attached in the post .. it's not working ... when people bet, i tried to check that so it would call automatically, but it doesn't work.
5. can we have an embed screen on an external website as well? thanks .. and how do we specify the value for the flash file parameters..??
thanks for your reply.
Attachments
this button doesn't work
this button doesn't work
buttonnowork.jpg (180.35 KiB) Viewed 11126 times
volot.jpg
volot.jpg (140.14 KiB) Viewed 11126 times
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

madcow wrote: 4. the next move button "call" i attached in the post .. it's not working ... when people bet, i tried to check that so it would call automatically, but it doesn't work.
Are you sure someone in front of you didn't raise the bet? In the screenshot you posted, if that person on your right raised the 3000 chip bet, that would nullify the next move option for you. And since you would be next to act after that, the next move option is removed completely as your bet buttons would be displayed instead. Go back and check the hand history for any of those hands and see if that's not the case.
5. can we have an embed screen on an external website as well?
Do you mean putting the game client inside another web page? The people at centpoker.com do that by embedding the game as an iframe.
and how do we specify the value for the flash file parameters..??
You mean the LoginName/LoginPassword parameters? From a web site, you'd typically perform an HTTP POST command from a web script like PHP (using CURL).
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

madcow wrote: 1. i will ask the users to do what u said above.
I also just noticed in the first screen shot that there are no seats underneath the player avatars. It looks like the player's flash client is trying to use the chat box graphic as the seat graphic and scattered them around the bottom of the table. I don't know how that could of happened other than some corrupted packet malfunction. It should have cleared itself with a cache clearing because that would force his client to fetch a fresh copy of those graphics from your server. You could try creating your own seat graphic (or just use the default one from the templates page) and see if that fixes the problem.

http://www.briggsoft.com/docs/pmavens/Templates.htm
madcow

Post by madcow »

Hi Kent,
Are you sure someone in front of you didn't raise the bet? In the screenshot you posted, if that person on your right raised the 3000 chip bet, that would nullify the next move option for you. And since you would be next to act after that, the next move option is removed completely as your bet buttons would be displayed instead. Go back and check the hand history for any of those hands and see if that's not the case.
No, i wasn't right next to the person bet, but the others on the front of me either just called or folded.
Do you mean putting the game client inside another web page? The people at centpoker.com do that by embedding the game as an iframe.

>> and how do we specify the value for the flash file parameters..??

You mean the LoginName/LoginPassword parameters? From a web site, you'd typically perform an HTTP POST command from a web script like PHP (using CURL).
[/quote]

i meant something like this .. i don't know how to specify your parameters so i can load it from another website and connect to the main server.
<OBJECT classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"
codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shoc ... n=6,0,40,0"
WIDTH="468" HEIGHT="600" id="PMClient.swf">

<script type="text/javascript">
var so = new SWFObject("PMClient.swf", "PMClient", "100%", "100%", "8", "#FFFFFF");
so.addVariable("PacketPort","8088");
so.write("pmflashclient");
</script></div>
<EMBED src="PMClient.swf" quality="high" bgcolor=#FFFFFF WIDTH="468" HEIGHT="600"
NAME="PMClient.swf" ALIGN="" TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash"
PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer">
<PARAM NAME="PMClient" VALUE="8088">
</EMBED>
</OBJECT>

and this is pulling from the main server right? if i am able to embed this onto another website, i need to specify the ip address of the server for the packetport so it know where to transfer the data? can you help me with this one? i think once this one is specified then the embed question is good to go.
- as of above code, it loads the client, but when it start to using the port 8088, it said.. establishing connection on port Undefined ..
I also just noticed in the first screen shot that there are no seats underneath the player avatars. It looks like the player's flash client is trying to use the chat box graphic as the seat graphic and scattered them around the bottom of the table. I don't know how that could of happened other than some corrupted packet malfunction. It should have cleared itself with a cache clearing because that would force his client to fetch a fresh copy of those graphics from your server. You could try creating your own seat graphic (or just use the default one from the templates page) and see if that fixes the problem.
i used the default graphics .. i only change the color scheme that you have in the sample.

thanks
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

madcow wrote: No, i wasn't right next to the person bet, but the others on the front of me either just called or folded.
If you can recreate that, please email me a couple of screen shots showing the call box checked and then where it was ignored when it became your turn and include the hand history for that particular hand. I'll see if I can recreate it on my end. I use those next move boxes a lot when I'm playing and haven't noticed any problem myself.

i meant something like this .. i don't know how to specify your parameters so i can load it from another website and connect to the main server.
I wouldn't suggest doing it that way. The server needs to create the HTML wrapper itself because it contains on-the-fly information. All you need to do is embed the link to the wrapper, which is just the IP address with a colon and the file port appended to the end, like they are doing a centpoker.com. You can log into there and see how they did it.

i used the default graphics .. i only change the color scheme that you have in the sample.
What I was suggesting was that you actually specify an image for the "Table seat graphic" setting and see if that fixes it for the particular user having the problem.
madcow

Post by madcow »

hi kent,
i just gonna give u the screen shot first ... i will talk to the users later when i see him ..
these are the screen shot for the call box .. the first "30" auto-call worked.. the user in front of also called that 30 .. but the next bet .. he folded and mine doesn't auto called ..

tx
Attachments
step 3
step 3
3.jpg (180.52 KiB) Viewed 11109 times
step 2
step 2
2.jpg (179.89 KiB) Viewed 11108 times
step 1
step 1
1.jpg (173.47 KiB) Viewed 11110 times