Having Trouble

For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
FurnDiggity

Having Trouble

Post by FurnDiggity »

Hello!

Thanks for this awesome program Kent. Really helps being locked up during Quarantine.

So I am not a computer person, so please be gentle here... I have set up a Port Forwarding I believe in my router. 8087 & 8088. I can connect to the poker room via the server hitting the client button, but cant open my poker room via the Public Site on pokermavens. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Having Trouble

Post by Kent Briggs »

You're port forwarding probably isn't correct. Send me a screenshot of your router's settings (and the router make and model). Getting listed at www.pokermavens.net is the easy part because that was an *outgoing* connection from your computer that made that happen. It's the *incoming* connections of players trying to get through your router is where the correct port forwarding is necessary.
FurnDiggity

Post by FurnDiggity »

Can you see this?
Attachments
Poker.PNG
Poker.PNG (21.11 KiB) Viewed 2630 times
FurnDiggity

Post by FurnDiggity »

Actiontec C1900A
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

FurnDiggity wrote:Can you see this?
That looks correct, assuming you are forwarding to the right computer, which I cannot see from that screenshot. If it's pointing to a LAN IP (i.e., 192.168.x.x) then make sure that matches what you see in the list when you double-click the "Local IP address" setting in Poker Mavens (in addition to "All" and 127.0.0.1).

Also double-click the "Internet IP address" setting and then the Lookup button to make sure that hasn't changed. Note that you will only be able to connect to your own Internet IP from inside your network if your router supports NAT Loopback. If not then get someone outside of your network to test it. Don't forget the File Port has to been included if it is anything other than 80 (i.e., 123.123.123.123:8087). You could also test it with your phone by disconnecting from wifi and forcing the connection over the cell network.

There's a a free Port Checker utility here:

https://portforward.com/help/portcheck.htm

While Poker Mavens is offline, run this utility and it can tell you if the file port and packet ports (defaults 8087 and 8088) are open.
FurnDiggity

Post by FurnDiggity »

I guess I dont have my Port Forwarding done correctly.

I set my Laptop up as the device IP (it is the same Local IP that is in Poker Mavens Program).

Internet IP address matches.

But when I test in Port Checker it says my External IP Address is good, it is in green on Port Checker. But that Port Check is "NOT OPEN or not Reachable!"

On my router, am I supposed to mess with Step 4 with Enter the remote port & IP info?

Again, thank you for your help!
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Your step 4 was correct with "All IP Addresses". That allows anyone to connect (as opposed to restricted access).

Who is your ISP and what kind of modem is it? If you are using standard Xfinity equipment (for example) you might have a gateway with a modem/router combo. Then if you then added your own router to that you would be double-firewalled. Could that be your issue?
FurnDiggity

Post by FurnDiggity »

https://www.centurylink.com/home/help/i ... 1900a.html

Here is modem/router, and Century Link is my ISP
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

That should have worked unless Century Link is blocking ports (or you have some kind of anti-virus running that could be blocking). Check to see if Century Link has a support forum and if so look for a discussion on port forwarding.
FurnDiggity

Post by FurnDiggity »

So apparently this has been working the whole time... lol.

I thought I wasnt doing something correctly, cause I couldnt connect to the poker room via my phone or my computer, but I could using the Client Key. But low and behold, I just needed to send it to a friend to sign in... ANnnnnnyways. Thanks for you help Kent, love your program!