My Special Font

Add your suggestions for improving Poker Mavens
sands

My Special Font

Post by sands »

i want use my special font i don't like default font how can i put my font? this option is available in the my app (mavens 6.06)?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: My Special Font

Post by Kent Briggs »

System tab -> Client Media -> Font family

Note however that fonts are rendered in a browser based on what the player already has installed on their computer. So any font name not recognized will just revert back to a default system font. The way to get around that is to use Google's web fonts, which you can embed with this setting:

System tab -> Web Settings -> Head section HTML

For example, if I visit fonts.google.com and select "Roboto Condensed" by clicking the red + next to it and then clicking the Family Selected bar at the bottom, it shows me this code to enter into the Head section HTML setting:

Code: Select all

<link href="https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Roboto+Condensed" rel="stylesheet">
And this CSS to enter into the Font Family setting:

'Roboto Condensed', sans-serif;
Note: do not include the semi-colon on the end like they show. Doing that will prevent it from working.
sands

Post by sands »

Hi,Kent
thanks for reply my post
i have different problem by font family!
i want to use different font for language 1 and use another one font for language 2 , 3 , . . .
how can i resolve this?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

sands wrote: i have different problem by font family!
i want to use different font for language 1 and use another one font for language 2 , 3 , . . .
how can i resolve this?
Sorry, it's not currently setup for that. Do you want to do this because some fonts don't have the characters you need for a particular language or is it just for style reasons? If it's the former, I wonder if you could use a font editor and build your own "super font" that combined multiple fonts into one?
sands

Post by sands »

i have different language (Arabic,Persian,English,Turkish) Arabic and Persian have special font Not Good by Arial or English sans
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

sands wrote:i have different language (Arabic,Persian,English,Turkish) Arabic and Persian have special font Not Good by Arial or English sans
Supposedly Google's "Noto" font family is good for multiple languages but I'm not sure if that works for a single file or requires different files. You can specify multiple fonts (separated by commas) in the Font Family setting but I doubt the browser will attempt to match the right one with the language used.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

You can now set a different font family for each active language in version 6.07.
sands

Post by sands »

hi Kent
thanks for 6.07 update
i have one file font SansIMT.TFF and i upload this file in the my host this address mydomain.com/fonts/SansIMT.TFF how can i set this font to language 2
please learn me step by step if possible

**i want use default mavens font for language 1
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

sands wrote:i have one file font SansIMT.TFF and i upload this file in the my host this address mydomain.com/fonts/SansIMT.TFF how can i set this font to language 2
please learn me step by step if possible
In the Client Media group on the Poker Mavens System tab, edit the "Font family 2" setting and enter your font name:

SansIMT
In the Web Settings group, edit the "Head section HTML" setting and enter your link:

<link href="http://www.mydomain.com/fonts/SansIMT.css" rel="stylesheet">
Then create that .css file and put it with your .ttf file. The contents should look something like this:

@font-face {
  font-family: 'SansIMT';
  font-style: normal;
  font-weight: 400;
  src: local('SansIMT'), url(http://www.mydomain.com/fonts/SansIMT.TTF) format('truetype');
}
sands

Post by sands »

Thank you, very good and full and useful :P