Fifty50 Payout Distributed on Chip Count %

Add your suggestions for improving Poker Mavens
Tuck Fheman

Fifty50 Payout Distributed on Chip Count %

Post by Tuck Fheman »

I don't think there's a way to accomplish this in the current system with a Fifty50 tourney, so unless I'm mistaken I suggest this addition if deemed necessary and in demand by others.

PokerStars has their Fifty50 work like this and I like it better than an even split of rewards among the remaining players.
Half of the prize pool will be distributed equally among the 5 winners, and the other half of the prize pool will be distributed among those same 5 players based on the chip count percentages at the end of the event. The 6th-10th place finishers win nothing. So in a 10-player $10+$1 Fifty50, the prize pool is $100. Each of the final 5 finishers would receive $10 each, plus a percentage of the remaining $50 in the prize pool.
The only way I've seen the current Fifty50 tourney pay rewards to the last 5 (in a 10 player game) based on chip count is if I set the timer to remove inactive players and a player(s) is removed creating an uneven amount of players.

If I'm wrong, please correct me, thanks!
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Fifty50 Payout Distributed on Chip Count %

Post by Kent Briggs »

The only way to do this in the current system is if you coded the proportional payout part yourself. For example, instead of a 10+1 buyin, you would make a 5+6 buyin with stop-on-chop enabled. Then write some API code (triggered by the tournament finished callback) that distributed 5 of the 6 house chips back to player's individual accounts based on their final stacks that you pulled from the handhistory. That's likely more trouble than it's worth, though.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Fifty50 Payout Distributed on Chip Count %

Post by Kent Briggs »

This feature is now in version 6 with the new "Proportional chop" setting. You can set that to 50 to duplicate PokerStars "Fifty50" tournaments or use any other value from 0 to 100 percent.