Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Poker Mavens 2.35 Released

Post by Kent Briggs »

Upgrade patch page:

http://www.briggsoft.com/patches.htm

Changes:

Application Programming Interface

Added TournamentsRegister command - this allows you to register a player for a tournament even if they aren't currently logged in.

Added LogsError, LogsEvent, and LogsHandHistory commands and modified the TournamentsResults command. These commands all work in a similar manner. When called without any parameters, they return a list of available files on the server. When used with a Date parameter (and a Name parameter for LogsHandHistory and TournamentsResults) they retrieve the contents of a specific file. New PHP examples using these commands have been posted here:

http://www.briggsoft.com/docs/pmavens/API_Examples.htm

The Poker_API() function has been modified with a new $assoc parameter. When true, the result is an associative array of parameter names and values (which was the case previously). But when false, the result is just a regular (numerically indexed) array containing the raw output from the server. This was needed in the new API functions listed above to retrieve files that were not made up of "name=value" pairs.

New Server Settings

"Administration whitelist" and "API whitelist" options have been added to the Server Settings section. This allows you to restrict remote access to specific IP addresses. So even if your passwords became compromised, your server could still be protected by this extra layer of security.

Lobby chat can now be disabled with a new "Lobby chat" setting in Site Information. And password recovery can now be disabled with new "Allow password recovery" setting in Account Settings. Also, any client options that are disabled in the server settings will now be hidden in the flash client. Previous, they would either display as grayed out or result in an error message if a player tried to use them.

New Client Features

New command line parameters (TableName, TableType, TablePassword) are available for the flash client to automatically open a table on login. These are documented in the "Misc" topic of the Technical Information section of the help file.

A player search feature has been implemented via a button on the Logins tab and an item on the Options menu in the flash client Lobby window. If a player is already selected in the logins list, that will be the default name selected. Otherwise, any player's screen name can be typed in. The result will indicate whether or not the player is logged in and will list all of the ring games and tournaments where they seated or in the waiting list.

A "Chat +" button has been added to the Lobby chat feature. Clicking it opens an extended chat window next to the Lobby window.
Alex

Re: Poker Mavens 2.35 Released

Post by Alex »

I think adding the player search in-game was brilliant.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Alex wrote:I think adding the player search in-game was brilliant.
Thanks, I had that on my to-do list for a long time but someone mentioned it again recently here in the forums so I finally got around to putting that in.
Mich96

Post by Mich96 »

You just missing the player search in the accounts tab on the system.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Mich96 wrote:You just missing the player search in the accounts tab on the system.
Thanks, I'll throw that in the wish list.