Send SMS when Tourney is ready to start?

For discussion of the Poker Mavens server module and other administration topics
social

Send SMS when Tourney is ready to start?

Post by social »

Is there any way to send people SMS notifications when a tourney they have registered for is about to start?
social

Re: Send SMS when Tourney is ready to start?

Post by social »

Like could PM be integrated with Twillio or some sort of service?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Depends on your definition of "about to start". If you have a short registration period you could use the "Tournament timer event" in the Callback system to get notified when the registration period opens and use that as your trigger to connect with your SMS service. That assumes you already have a set list of people to contact. Otherwise you can use the generic "Timer" callback which would query TournamentsList in the API to check start times and then proceed with your SMS contact.
social

Post by social »

I think I was thinking more about when the Tournament is FULL and starting...
a lot of times people get distracted or tired of waiting for a sitngo to fill up...

So, I was thinking about sending them a notification so that they don't get blinded out.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

social wrote:I think I was thinking more about when the Tournament is FULL and starting...
In that case just use the "Tournament start event" option in the Callback Events system.
social

Post by social »

Kent Briggs wrote:
social wrote:I think I was thinking more about when the Tournament is FULL and starting...
In that case just use the "Tournament start event" option in the Callback Events system.
Is there any way to fetch the names of the users in each Tournament?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

social wrote:Is there any way to fetch the names of the users in each Tournament?
TournamentsPlaying does exactly that. I highly recommend that you download the new "API Reference Utility" program. It not only gives you the full list of available API commands and a brief description of what each one does, but it also lets you make live calls to your poker server without writing any code so that you can visually see what information will be returned.

http://www.briggsoft.com/docs/pmavens/U ... htm#apiref