waiting list - admin ability to manage

Add your suggestions for improving Poker Mavens
riclesb

waiting list - admin ability to manage

Post by riclesb »

as we are a relatively small group and sometime only 2 or 3 tables running.
occasionally someone disconnects and gets sent to bottom of waitlist for that table,
it then becomes very difficult and disruptive to get that player his seat back.
if the admin had the ability to manage the waitlist like we do for the tournament lists that would be great.
i could then just reorder the list properly with out affecting the game.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: waiting list - admin ability to manage

Post by Kent Briggs »

riclesb wrote:occasionally someone disconnects and gets sent to bottom of waitlist for that table
Disconnects get logged out if they don't reconnect within 2 minutes. Would it help you if you could increase that to a longer period? That would be easier to implement and wouldn't require any intervention on your part.
riclesb

Post by riclesb »

yes that would probably help some.

seems complicated to implement my way.
other issues i have could be resolved if you did it, but they are definitely unique to our particular situation, so not conducive to a global change.
for example if 2 tables running and someone is multi tabling they give up their seat to someone who doesn't have one. But hard to get them back up to top of list if others aren't watching chat. in which case i have to get involved (not that i mind) to boot a player off the list.

but the additional time to disconnect definitely would help the legit player who lost seat when his laptop dies.

thanks

Rick
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

A "max disconnect minutes" setting has been added in 5.09.
Degen

Post by Degen »

Is it possible to do it the way the OP described (ability to edit/add/move wait list positions).

I've been running multiple tables that have deep waitlists. They'll be on their phone or watching tv waiting to get a seat but sometimes do not act fast enough when their seat is called.

(An alternative solution to this scenario would be the ability to edit the length of reserved seat time).

I also have a scenario where I have multiple tables but wish to get players who haven't had a chance to sit yet have priority over people who are already playing multiple tables at once.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Degen wrote:(An alternative solution to this scenario would be the ability to edit the length of reserved seat time).
System tab -> Client Settings -> Table invite seconds
Degen

Post by Degen »

Thank you.

And for the second scenario?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Degen wrote:And for the second scenario?
You can manually remove players from the waiting list. Click the View button on the ring games tab in the server interface.
Degen

Post by Degen »

Kent Briggs wrote:
Degen wrote:And for the second scenario?
You can manually remove players from the waiting list. Click the View button on the ring games tab in the server interface.
But then you have to ask players to join in a specific order and that's next to impossible. Unless there's an add player option from the admin side that I'm unaware of.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Degen wrote:Unless there's an add player option from the admin side that I'm unaware of.
Only for tournaments (via Chips button) not for ring tables. You need to run more tables if your waiting lists are so full.