Slowing Down Hands

For discussion of the Poker Mavens server module and other administration topics
social

Slowing Down Hands

Post by social »

What options are available to Slow Down the Speed:

1) IN between Deals/Hands?

2) In between the Hole Cards, and the Flop and each of the cards afterwards?

One possible "hack": I could expand the Time players are allowed to Think,
and make sure that at least one player at the table uses the Maximum time...

I might want as much as 5 to 15 minutes for a Delay....

In the absence of any other solutions, is there any way I could mess with the Clock on my server or within Poker Mavens code to slow it down
and Pause between Actions?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Slowing Down Hands

Post by Kent Briggs »

social wrote:What options are available to Slow Down the Speed:
1) IN between Deals/Hands?
There is a global setting called "Showdown seconds" in the Client Settings group, 0 to 15 seconds.
2) In between the Hole Cards, and the Flop and each of the cards afterwards?
There's currently no setting for that.
In the absence of any other solutions, is there any way I could mess with the Clock on my server or within Poker Mavens code to slow it down
and Pause between Actions?
You can manually (or via the API) issue a pause command on any particular table at any time via the Action button.
social

Post by social »

Kent Briggs wrote:
You can manually (or via the API) issue a pause command on any particular table at any time via the Action button.
I assume you mean Pause in between Deals/Hands and not in between specific stages like pausing in between the Turn and the RIver?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

social wrote:I assume you mean Pause in between Deals/Hands and not in between specific stages like pausing in between the Turn and the RIver?
If you time it right you can manually pause the action at any point in the hand. If you check the Action menu, you can see a "Pause (now)" and a "Pause (after hand)" command.
social

Post by social »

Kent Briggs wrote:
social wrote:I assume you mean Pause in between Deals/Hands and not in between specific stages like pausing in between the Turn and the RIver?
If you time it right you can manually pause the action at any point in the hand. If you check the Action menu, you can see a "Pause (now)" and a "Pause (after hand)" command.
Thank you so much!
That's just the ticket!