Things I'd like to see.

Add your suggestions for improving Poker Mavens
hUssmann

Things I'd like to see.

Post by hUssmann »

Great work, love the software. I was a 1.11 buyer and I'm impressed to see that a ring game has been added, really gives it a new dimension.

A few things I would like to see added for Ring games.

-Optional Ante.
-Optional Straddle.

Also I think this was discussed in another thread but Pot limit omaha would be a hit I think, remember hearing something that it wasn't going to be released (If ever) until mavens 3.0 :(
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Things I'd like to see.

Post by Kent Briggs »

hUssmann wrote:-Optional Ante.
Ante's are rarely used in ring game Hold'em. At least I've never seen it in online play. They are now supported in tournaments, which was a new feature in version 2.
Also I think this was discussed in another thread but Pot limit omaha would be a hit I think, remember hearing something that it wasn't going to be released (If ever) until mavens 3.0 :(
The other HORSE games will require some redesign of the graphics system to accommodate the extra cards that have to be displayed so it'll probably be awhile before that happens.
hUssmann

Post by hUssmann »

Some of the high stakes cash games in Las Vegas use either a $100 or $300 ante. High stakes poker was a show that used both ante and straddle for hold'em but obviously TV shows don't relate to online.

Thanks for the quick answers anyway mate.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

hUssmann wrote:High stakes poker was a show that used both ante and straddle for hold'em but obviously TV shows don't relate to online.
Straddles and kill games are advanced features that most online players probably never heard of. I don't rule it out but it's an added complication that will be way down in the priority list for now.
dcx135

Post by dcx135 »

Kent Briggs wrote:
hUssmann wrote:High stakes poker was a show that used both ante and straddle for hold'em but obviously TV shows don't relate to online.
Straddles and kill games are advanced features that most online players probably never heard of. I don't rule it out but it's an added complication that will be way down in the priority list for now.

+1 for other people's suggestions about 1) Straddles and 2) Omaha at least (I understand if the other games are hard to implement, but Omaha doesn't seem to be a huge stretch.) Reason for #1 is because all the live "home games" that I've been to these days has straddles being used constantly. #2 is because because people get tired on Holdem and are willing to try something new, maybe playing penny Omaha on Poker Maven?

Poker Maven seems like a good potential program to supplement home games (people can play each other online and then "settle up" at the next live game).