Tournament Scheduling & Registration

Add your suggestions for improving Poker Mavens

Tournament Scheduling & Registration

Postby rjones33 » Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:08 am

Just wanted to comment on something I noticed a little while ago.. I created a 20 person 2 table tournament and registered. I went off to do some other things (probably 30-40 mins) and when I came back, I noticed that I wasn't connected anymore. Apparently the session had timed out and I was logged out. In addition, I was unregistered for the tournament I created. I guess this is by design, but I was wondering if there was any plans to have the ability to schedule and create tournaments by date/time and give the players the ability to register for a tournament in advance and stay registered even though they log out of the client. Thanks.

-Ricky
rjones33
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:51 pm
Location: Warrenville, SC

Re: Tournament Scheduling & Registration

Postby MonTheHoops » Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:18 am

rjones33 wrote:Just wanted to comment on something I noticed a little while ago.. I created a 20 person 2 table tournament and registered. I went off to do some other things (probably 30-40 mins) and when I came back, I noticed that I wasn't connected anymore. Apparently the session had timed out and I was logged out. In addition, I was unregistered for the tournament I created. I guess this is by design, but I was wondering if there was any plans to have the ability to schedule and create tournaments by date/time and give the players the ability to register for a tournament in advance and stay registered even though they log out of the client. Thanks.

-Ricky


If they registered then don't make it back for the tourny then it can create what I had the other night which was 2 players who did exactly that, then left their PC and ended up in the tourny posting SB and BB until their chips ran out, it was a royal pain in the bum let me tell you. Unless there is a way around that I suppose.
MonTheHoops
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:39 pm

Re: Tournament Scheduling & Registration

Postby rjones33 » Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:56 am

I can understand what you are saying, but I don't think a player should have to register for a tourney more than once. I also think it would be nice to have the ability to schedule tounaments for specific dates and times. I'm sure Kent has already thought about this. Probably just a matter of time...

-Ricky
rjones33
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:51 pm
Location: Warrenville, SC

Re: Tournament Scheduling & Registration

Postby Kent Briggs » Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:34 pm

rjones33 wrote:Just wanted to comment on something I noticed a little while ago.. I created a 20 person 2 table tournament and registered. I went off to do some other things (probably 30-40 mins) and when I came back, I noticed that I wasn't connected anymore. Apparently the session had timed out and I was logged out.


That should only happen if your internet connection dropped. Then it will log you out if you don't reconnect within 2 minutes. But yes, logging out does unregister you from tournaments.

I guess this is by design, but I was wondering if there was any plans to have the ability to schedule and create tournaments by date/time and give the players the ability to register for a tournament in advance and stay registered even though they log out of the client.


I'll put that on the list. Along with the ability of an administrator to manually unregister people.
Kent Briggs - [email protected]
Briggs Softworks - http://www.briggsoft.com
Kent Briggs
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3909
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:47 pm

Re: Tournament Scheduling & Registration

Postby selene » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:13 am

Speaking of relogging on disconnect, is there any way to preserve a Ring game seat when that happens? Also, I have been requested to ask for a regular sitout ability on Ring games (once the kick mechanism is implemented) to allow people to get up and stretch say for 5 minutes once every hour or two, without losing their seat.

There was something else about forcing people to rebuy with the same amount of chips they left a table with if they rejoin within X hours to prevent people from winning and hiding chips to be re-won. Real casinos do something similar. If that option was there though, there would need to be a check in case the chips are deducted by an admin in the meantime.
selene
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:29 pm

Re: Tournament Scheduling & Registration

Postby Kent Briggs » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:34 am

selene wrote:Speaking of relogging on disconnect, is there any way to preserve a Ring game seat when that happens?


It should hold your seat for 2 minutes. If you can't reconnect by that time then you probably don't want a dead player hogging that seat.

Also, I have been requested to ask for a regular sitout ability on Ring games (once the kick mechanism is implemented) to allow people to get up and stretch say for 5 minutes once every hour or two, without losing their seat.


They can do that now, as long as they return before the timeout value you have set kicks them off.

There was something else about forcing people to rebuy with the same amount of chips they left a table with if they rejoin within X hours to prevent people from winning and hiding chips to be re-won. Real casinos do something similar. If that option was there though, there would need to be a check in case the chips are deducted by an admin in the meantime.


Yeah I don't currently have a "rathole" mechanism. I'll consider adding one.
Kent Briggs - [email protected]
Briggs Softworks - http://www.briggsoft.com
Kent Briggs
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3909
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:47 pm

Re: Tournament Scheduling & Registration

Postby selene » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:00 am

Kent Briggs wrote:
selene wrote:Speaking of relogging on disconnect, is there any way to preserve a Ring game seat when that happens?


It should hold your seat for 2 minutes. If you can't reconnect by that time then you probably don't want a dead player hogging that seat.



I accidentally went to another webpage in my browser while playing last night, reloaded our site, got back to table, same hand, I was still sitting, and then when the hand ended it booted me despite me being back on table.
selene
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:29 pm

Re: Tournament Scheduling & Registration

Postby Kent Briggs » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:11 am

selene wrote:I accidentally went to another webpage in my browser while playing last night, reloaded our site, got back to table, same hand, I was still sitting, and then when the hand ended it booted me despite me being back on table.


I'll see if I can replicate that.
Kent Briggs - [email protected]
Briggs Softworks - http://www.briggsoft.com
Kent Briggs
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3909
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:47 pm

Re: Tournament Scheduling & Registration

Postby Kent Briggs » Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:24 pm

selene wrote:I accidentally went to another webpage in my browser while playing last night, reloaded our site, got back to table, same hand, I was still sitting, and then when the hand ended it booted me despite me being back on table.


I see what's happening. When you reconnect, it assigns you a new session number. And when you log in, it sees that you are already logged in under a different session number so it logs that old session out. And that logout is removing you from all ring tables. So I just need to check for that and skip the forced removal step for reconnects.
Kent Briggs - [email protected]
Briggs Softworks - http://www.briggsoft.com
Kent Briggs
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3909
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:47 pm

Re: Tournament Scheduling & Registration

Postby selene » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:57 am

Sweet, I was hoping it was an easy check like that. Thanks Kent =)
selene
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:29 pm


Return to Wish List

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

cron