vBulletin Integration?

Add your suggestions for improving Poker Mavens

vBulletin Integration?

Postby MonTheHoops » Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:41 am

Would this ever be considered at all?

It would be awesome to have full database integration with vBulletin, so users can log in using there existing login details, even use be able to set their chip totals to align with their credit/points total from the forum. Our users earn credits for posts. threads, browsing and also play in our casino and vBookie using the credits, it would be great if they could earn/lose these in the poker as well...

I could see this as having massive potential for increasing your sales of your full product and you would certainly get plenty of downloads of your lite version too.

Cheers

Paul.
MonTheHoops
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:39 pm

Re: vBulletin Integration?

Postby Kent Briggs » Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:35 am

MonTheHoops wrote:It would be awesome to have full database integration with vBulletin, so users can log in using there existing login details, even use be able to set their chip totals to align with their credit/points total from the forum. Our users earn credits for posts. threads, browsing and also play in our casino and vBookie using the credits, it would be great if they could earn/lose these in the poker as well...


The API I'm building via the "/control" interface can be used just for this sort of thing. Currently it only includes a few commands for setting chip balances but by the time I'm finished with it you will be able to do just about everything with your server you can currently do manually. Some of the MMORPG gaming sites are already doing that with what's available so far. It won't be specific to vBulletin but you could hire a programmer to integrate those functions directly into your web site or forum.
Kent Briggs - [email protected]
Briggs Softworks - http://www.briggsoft.com
Kent Briggs
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3826
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:47 pm

Re: vBulletin Integration?

Postby rjones33 » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:50 am

Sounds like we are going to be able to do some cool things with the API. I am looking forward to experimenting with that. :D

-Ricky
rjones33
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:51 pm
Location: Warrenville, SC

Re: vBulletin Integration?

Postby MonTheHoops » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:56 am

Is there currently a command list for the control interface, I just get password incorrect at the moment when i try to enter it.
MonTheHoops
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:39 pm

Re: vBulletin Integration?

Postby Kent Briggs » Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:44 pm

MonTheHoops wrote:Is there currently a command list for the control interface, I just get password incorrect at the moment when i try to enter it.


Yes, it's documented in the help file under the Technical Information section.
Kent Briggs - [email protected]
Briggs Softworks - http://www.briggsoft.com
Kent Briggs
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3826
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:47 pm

Re: vBulletin Integration?

Postby Danny » Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:08 pm

Hi,

your software looks nice. As I can see in "system settings", I can disable "allow new accounts" and "allow account changes". But is there already an API to create user accounts automatically (after registration in my community) using the "/control" interface?

Best regards from Germany
Danny
Danny
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:01 pm

Re: vBulletin Integration?

Postby Kent Briggs » Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:27 pm

Danny wrote:But is there already an API to create user accounts automatically (after registration in my community) using the "/control" interface?


Not in 2.0x but in the upcoming version 2.10 (currently in beta), there is a whole new API with at least 43 commands, which allows you to do just about everything you can do manually via the server console. See this thread for more on that:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=114
Kent Briggs - [email protected]
Briggs Softworks - http://www.briggsoft.com
Kent Briggs
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3826
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:47 pm

Re: vBulletin Integration?

Postby Danny » Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:39 pm

Hi Kent,

if I buy the pro licence now, can I get the extended API for beta testing? Does this already works with the current version? When will version 2.10 be released?

Bye
Danny
Danny
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:01 pm

Re: vBulletin Integration?

Postby Kent Briggs » Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:00 pm

Danny wrote:if I buy the pro licence now, can I get the extended API for beta testing?


Yes, see my email.

Does this already works with the current version?


The old "/control" commands will be deprecated soon.

When will version 2.10 be released?


Don't know yet. I still have several features left to add on my to-do list.
Kent Briggs - [email protected]
Briggs Softworks - http://www.briggsoft.com
Kent Briggs
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3826
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:47 pm


Return to Wish List

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests

cron