My Suggestions...

Add your suggestions for improving Poker Mavens
khaznadar

My Suggestions...

Post by khaznadar »

Hey Kent,

During my experience working with Poker Mavens, I noticed that lots of improvements must be added to the game in order to make it much more better in both security and performance....

1 - You need to work more on encryption, I had to do a custom admin page and I had to Password-enable the folder of the admin because my Acuentix Web Vulnerability could easily guessed all my accounts usernames and passwords ?!!! You need to encrypt the passwords so when we extract them through API it wont be visible through Web Scanners. I tried to do some encryption in PHP side but it didn't work properly.
This also apply for Login API the username and passwords are passed as plain text instead of encrypted text. I had to buy SSL subscription to hide the credentials.

2- The accounts are easily visible and could easily be modified through any text viewer software. The accounts must be in a secure database and if not, in encrypted files would be highly recommended.

3- You need to add Password for the Poker Mavens Server, so only authorized people can open or start the game.

4- The poker mavens need to be a service as I had to keep my RDP session open all the time, I was never able to log-off the VPS once I did the game would stop.

5- Rake must be in decimal format or in percentage mode.

6- You need to add more custom fields for Ring Games,Tournaments, and accounts.

7- Auto-backup will be highly recommended, backup option to external server, email address or local directory

8- Theme system where users can easily play around the look of their flash clients.

9- When you click the close button, the server must go to tray instead of closing, admins sometime accidentally press the close button and the game stops.

10-Try to make a full PHP class that deals with Poker Mavens API, instead of programming each functions apart, the admin will be able to do lots of functions using a global class.

11- If you could add a function whenever the player runs out of balance he could easily click on a button lets say "Recharge" and it will redirect him to the recharge page a custom one of course made by the site owner.PayPal or whatever else.

12- Adding Stats to the server would be highly recommended like : Most played ring game, profits, visitors...etc. with visual charts.

Well, those are my suggestions for now there're lots more of course but I don't want to make the list longer, I hope you work on these suggestions as it will make your software much more valuable.

Regards

Majed Khaznadar
Web and Software Developer
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: My Suggestions...

Post by Kent Briggs »

Majed,

Thanks for the suggestions. Pretty much everything you listed is already on my to-do list for the next major overhaul.
TheMark

Post by TheMark »

Hi,

I wanted to follow up on the original post. can you tell me if all of the items listed have been incorporated in the version I just downloaded last week? I am paticularly interested to know if I can do decimal rakes now and the database backup automation?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

TheMark wrote:can you tell me if all of the items listed have been incorporated in the version I just downloaded last week?
No, a "major" version release would be 3.xx. Poker Mavens is still on 2.xx.
TheMark

Post by TheMark »

Any idea when to expect a new Major release?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

TheMark wrote:Any idea when to expect a new Major release?
I'm rewriting it from scratch so many many months away. I'm starting with the admin interface, doing it all in HTML/Javascript/JQuery, and it's been quite a learning curve compared with doing a Windows GUI.