Play Sound when someone folds their cards

Add your suggestions for improving Poker Mavens
PokerPlayer001

Play Sound when someone folds their cards

Post by PokerPlayer001 »

Hey,

Love your software! It's absolutely MIND-BOGGLING what you put together! And you did such a thorough job too. Every feature imaginable, even API support for websites. It's really amazing. This one time, I tried to build a poker app in Flash. Damn, was it ever complicated. I never even got half-way in. Glad I never will have to now that I found your app.

One request I would like to make is, it seems when someone folds their cards, there is no sound being played. I would like to hear a tossing away sound that indicates when someone folds. Right now, I have a tendency to miss when the other players fold because there isn't a sound. This would really help me in the game play.

Oh, and maybe a better sound for indicating when it is my turn. Right now, it's the standard computer beep. But it's very short and not that original. If you could play a ring instead, I think that would be great.

Thanks so much! :D
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Play Sound when someone folds their cards

Post by Kent Briggs »

PokerPlayer001 wrote:I would like to hear a tossing away sound that indicates when someone folds.
I'll consider that in a future version.
Oh, and maybe a better sound for indicating when it is my turn. Right now, it's the standard computer beep.
In the Pro and Gold versions, you can change any of the 6 sounds played in the client to your own mp3 files.
PokerPlayer001

Post by PokerPlayer001 »

One more suggestion: balance.

1. When I go to check balance, I sometimes slip and hit Logout instead. It logs me off immediately, even thought I'm sitting at a table and I actually want to play. Perhaps a confirmation question to ask me if I really want to log off. I notice when I press the [x] of the main app, it asks me "Do you really want to log off?" But when I click log out in the menu, it doesn't ask me.

2. I also notice both menu items Logout and Exit do the exact same thing. Maybe it's just the one I'm playing at: eohpoker.com.

3. I think that balance should be visible at all times; I think that's a pretty standard design feature on most poker apps.

4. I notice that when I go to rebuy, it doesn't say how many chips I have in my wallet. So unless I also go to Balance, I won't know how many I have to rebuy with.

Hope that helps.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

PokerPlayer001 wrote: 1. When I go to check balance, I sometimes slip and hit Logout instead. It logs me off immediately, even thought I'm sitting at a table and I actually want to play. Perhaps a confirmation question to ask me if I really want to log off. I notice when I press the [x] of the main app, it asks me "Do you really want to log off?" But when I click log out in the menu, it doesn't ask me.
Yeah, it should ask if you are still seated (or in the waiting list) and any tables. Otherwise it should logout immediately. I'll fix that in the next update.
2. I also notice both menu items Logout and Exit do the exact same thing. Maybe it's just the one I'm playing at: eohpoker.com.
That's mainly for people who loaded the client but never logged in. The Exit button terminates the connection for them.
3. I think that balance should be visible at all times; I think that's a pretty standard design feature on most poker apps.
At PokerStars and Full Tilt, you have to click the Cashier button to see your balance. The server has to make a scan of all the tables to count up your chips in play so that's why it's only done when you specifically request it.
4. I notice that when I go to rebuy, it doesn't say how many chips I have in my wallet. So unless I also go to Balance, I won't know how many I have to rebuy with.
That one is already on my to-do list. Thanks for the suggestions.