Change Text Colours

Add your suggestions for improving Poker Mavens
MonTheHoops

Change Text Colours

Post by MonTheHoops »

It would be great to be able to change the text colours of players and non-players...also to add your own avatars.

Cheers.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Change Text Colours

Post by Kent Briggs »

MonTheHoops wrote:It would be great to be able to change the text colours of players and non-players
You mean in the chat? I just used the blue/green scheme system that PokerStars uses for a consistent look. Plus black for the Dealer, purple for the System, and red for the Administrator. Any particular reason for wanting to change that?
...also to add your own avatars.
That would be a lot of work. It would require a management system be built around it, especially if you wanted to integrate an approval system to police for obscene graphics. Flash doesn't allow standard File I/O so some kind of separate program would have to be made to select, crop, scale, and submit the images. Plus the current system supports transparency so the seat graphics can be seen though the avatar. Most people wouldn't have that ability. Also, there are technical / performance issues. Currently there are 64 avatars compiled inside the flash file and indexed by number. With another system, each avatar would have to to downloaded as a separate file from the server. Not to say it's impossible, just that choosing the "Full Tilt" model of a fixed avatar set was a whole lot easier to implement. ;)
MonTheHoops

Post by MonTheHoops »

The avatars are not a big deal but the colours...well...

It may sound ridiculous but I run the Poker on a football/soccer supporters website and right now the players colour happens to be the same as our closest rivals....and every member has commented that they hate the colour and want it changed LOL

So there ya go...there is a method to my madness.

Cheers
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

MonTheHoops wrote:It may sound ridiculous but I run the Poker on a football/soccer supporters website and right now the players colour happens to be the same as our closest rivals....and every member has commented that they hate the colour and want it changed LOL
So they must really hate looking up at a blue sky and down at green grass every day. Yeah I'm afraid that one is going to be way down in the priority list. ;)
sgandtg

Post by sgandtg »

I too would like different text colours.

As a fellow tim, the blue text colour does nothing for me. :P