viewing cards..

Add your suggestions for improving Poker Mavens
lildamien09

viewing cards..

Post by lildamien09 »

I know i have asked this before in a diff way i believe.. but i think that it would be a good feature for users with Admin title to be able to see cards of users when monitoring games.. i know, i know kent.. someone could use it to cheat but you have to think about the ones who actualy run good poker servers with your software and actually have a group of admins monitoring games and not playing. but anyways i just thought id throw it in my wish list again..
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: viewing cards..

Post by Kent Briggs »

lildamien09 wrote:but i think that it would be a good feature for users with Admin title to be able to see cards of users when monitoring games
For what purpose would any admin need to see hole cards in live play?
lildamien09

Post by lildamien09 »

just to have that abilitly as an admin. i have about 12 admins on my server. who all site and watch they dont play.. and to be able to see the cards of player when spectating they would just know who has what..it wouldnt really matter..i mean why would you as an admin of your forums need to see everyones post..to monitor it.. to have the ability to know who says what.. for poker admins they can have the ability to take a full record of who has what cards and.. or how many times these cards are delt in a real game.. or how many times these 2 guys had the same cards.. or what ever rules an admin/owner would make to have that ability.. it also with give some of us who have ideas to design things for the poker server or come up with our own administrating ways..
lildamien09

Post by lildamien09 »

not everyone is dishonest.. some of us are actually trying to go some where with your applications.. and it would be another advanced feature.. to be able to set someones title as Admin and it actually ment something.. it gave them a privalige
lildamien09

Post by lildamien09 »

on another note* if admins wanted to cheat on other peoples servers all they would have to do is say i need chips..i mean you might as well say the remote admin is a cheating device as well.. but me personaly have other plans and have discussed it several time with my admins.. i have over 600 accounts and 50- 100 users online at a time sometimes more.. we dont have room for error.. they pay real money for there chips and receive real money if they choose to cash out
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

lildamien09 wrote:just to have that abilitly as an admin.
Sorry I don't think that is a valid reason and it would be a security exploit waiting to happen. Not to mention the potential damage to the reputation of my product. In the brick and mortar world, the lipstick cameras only record the cards for later playback. No one sees them live.
i mean why would you as an admin of your forums need to see everyones post..to monitor it.. to have the ability to know who says what..
That's user created content and you're guarding against illegal activity on your facility. The hole cards are system created content.
for poker admins they can have the ability to take a full record of who has what cards and.. or how many times these cards are delt in a real game.. or how many times these 2 guys had the same cards.. or what ever rules an admin/owner would make to have that ability..
That ability is all there in the server-side hand-history files, available the instant the hand ends.
Demented

Post by Demented »

If an admin wanted to make records of how many times card A has been dealt, and how many times player B has had hand C, couldn't they just look through the hand history files? Having an option where admins could see a user's cards in live play, in my opinion, would severely degrade the legitimacy of Poker Mavens as being a fair poker client, as well as degrading the trust users could have in sites running the PM client.

Edit: Damn, he beat me to it. :lol:
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Demented wrote:If an admin wanted to make records of how many times card A has been dealt, and how many times player B has had hand C, couldn't they just look through the hand history files?
Yes, there's a "** Deck **" line recorded at the end of each hand on the server side (but not in the flash client) and shows every card dealt. You would have to reconstruct who got what card but it goes like this: the first hole card went to the first player left of the dealer button, then clockwise around to the player with the button. Then repeat that for the next hole card. In ring games, players sitting out are skipped. Then the next five cards (if dealt) are the flop, turn, and river.
lildamien09

Post by lildamien09 »

i see
Mr.Victor

Post by Mr.Victor »

Kent Briggs wrote:
Demented wrote:If an admin wanted to make records of how many times card A has been dealt, and how many times player B has had hand C, couldn't they just look through the hand history files?
Yes, there's a "** Deck **" line recorded at the end of each hand on the server side (but not in the flash client) and shows every card dealt. You would have to reconstruct who got what card but it goes like this: the first hole card went to the first player left of the dealer button, then clockwise around to the player with the button. Then repeat that for the next hole card. In ring games, players sitting out are skipped. Then the next five cards (if dealt) are the flop, turn, and river.
You said that you modelled the server side HHs after the Poker Stars format. If that's how they do it do they have some sort of converter when players request hand histories that shows them only their holecards and in a "standard" hand history format?