minimize table window

Add your suggestions for improving Poker Mavens
Mr.Victor

minimize table window

Post by Mr.Victor »

It would be nice if we had multiple windows open to be able to minimize any of the windows.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: minimize table window

Post by Kent Briggs »

Mr.Victor wrote:It would be nice if we had multiple windows open to be able to minimize any of the windows.
Well they're not real windows and there's no task bar to minimize to since it's all graphical Flash voodoo inside the browser window. So that would have to be simulated somehow.
lildamien09

Post by lildamien09 »

It is possible to make the windows minimize in flash. get with me kent so we could possibly discuss this feature if interested.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

lildamien09 wrote:It is possible to make the windows minimize in flash. get with me kent so we could possibly discuss this feature if interested.
Are you an OpenLaszlo developer? The client was not written with any of Adobe's tools.
lildamien09

Post by lildamien09 »

I am familiar with the program yes.. i have used it a few times to develope some applications for my game server box.

Thought maybe this would give you some ideas..

Code: Select all

<button placement="header" align="right" height="16">
<attribute name="isMax" value="true" />
<handler name="onclick">
if (this.isMax) { parent.max.remove();
parent.min.apply(); } else { parent.max.apply();
parent.min.remove(); } this.isMax = !this.isMax;
</handler>
<attribute name="Min" value="MinWin" />
</button>
you would have to assign the variables of when the window is minimized it goes to x position.. then on max goes to y.. and so on.. but it is possible.. im sure your software has alot of code into it :). so it will take some time to implement it.. id say it could possibly be available in the next major release if you managed to work on that feature. i would focus on more important aspects of the program though.. i just thought id put some input into it. ;)
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

lildamien09 wrote:you would have to assign the variables of when the window is minimized it goes to x position.. then on max goes to y.. and so on.. but it is possible
Making the windows smaller and moving them around in not a problem. But there would need to be some kind of task bar implemented to place them.
lildamien09

Post by lildamien09 »

you could make a 15 or 10 by whatever the width of the main lobby window is and attach it to the bottom of the main window and tables could be minimized to there
Mr.Victor

Post by Mr.Victor »

When I use Photoshop and I minimize a file it minimizes and just drops the closed window to the bottom left of my screen. It isn't on a taskbar though. If multiple windows are closed they just get lined up next to each other across the bottom of the screen. Maybe something like this would work?
Attachments
minimized example.jpg
minimized example.jpg (61.7 KiB) Viewed 9893 times
lildamien09

Post by lildamien09 »

that is possible to but alot of work, and implementing things like this in openlaszlo is not as easy as click some buttons on adobe flash or click the minimize button on this window because you dont want to read my post :P.. thats a joke.. haha
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Mr.Victor wrote:When I use Photoshop and I minimize a file it minimizes and just drops the closed window to the bottom left of my screen.
Yeah that's a so-called Multiple Document Interface (MDI) application and is part of the Windows API. I'd have to recreate that manually inside the Flash interface.