Wishlist items

Add your suggestions for improving Poker Mavens
pzero

Wishlist items

Post by pzero »

Ive been playing around with the trial for a while now and I have a few suggestions, forgive me if they are already listed in the wishlist, these are suggestions from "fresh eyes"

1. Changing levels in tournament - When in a tournament it would be a nice feature to see a status bar indicating what the new level is. Presently you cant easily see when the levels have changed.

2. When you are typing in the chat box and then its your turn to act, the focus is taken off the chat box. Would be great if you were able to continue to type even when its your turn to act.

3. Table/Tournament names >25 Characters. Can it be extended to 50? I know you have the optional 500 char feild, but its nice to be able to write something like "1000+100 - 10 Player Turbo SnG" in the title.

4. Saved Lobby Chat - When playing, chat's are kept in the hand history, can the lobby chat's be saved somewhere?

5. AI Bots - I have seen this one mentioned before, would be really handy to be able to load up a few whilst players are coming along to the site. You dont want to have players sign in once and not see anyone else connected and never return again.

I think thats it for the moment, if I think of anything else ill just add a reply to this post.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Wishlist items

Post by Kent Briggs »

pzero wrote: 1. Changing levels in tournament - When in a tournament it would be a nice feature to see a status bar indicating what the new level is. Presently you cant easily see when the levels have changed.
The Dealer announces the new blinds in the chat when they change. The current blinds are listed on the header bar above the table. What is on my list to do, however, is to put how many minutes are left in the current level on the Stats tab. Currently the players can see the tournament running time in the lobby window and figure out how many minutes are left if your levels have a nice round number like 10 or 15 minutes.
2. When you are typing in the chat box and then its your turn to act, the focus is taken off the chat box. Would be great if you were able to continue to type even when its your turn to act.
The players can turn that off on the Options menu in the Lobby Windows by unchecking "Bring active table to front".
3. Table/Tournament names >25 Characters. Can it be extended to 50? I know you have the optional 500 char feild, but its nice to be able to write something like "1000+100 - 10 Player Turbo SnG" in the title.
There's no room to display that many characters in the Lobby window. And the buy-in is already displayed there and on the table's window titlebar.
4. Saved Lobby Chat - When playing, chat's are kept in the hand history, can the lobby chat's be saved somewhere?
I'll consider that in a future version.
5. AI Bots - I have seen this one mentioned before, would be really handy to be able to load up a few whilst players are coming along to the site. You dont want to have players sign in once and not see anyone else connected and never return again.
This is highly unlikely to ever happen. Designing a bot that can't be easily exploited would be very difficult and not a good use of my time considering all the other things on my to-do list. Plus no one is likely to hang around playing a bot very long. Instead of running 24/7 from the get-go, the best way to get started is to announce an event at a preset time of the week and invite people to show up and play then. Then you can slowly expand your operation from there.
pzero

Post by pzero »

Thanks Kent look like there are some work arounds which I wasn't aware of. Also got a new one which I left off my initial list.

6. Late registration - can there be an option for late registration for tournaments up to "n" level? Late players would have to wait for their big blind before being dealt in
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

pzero wrote:6. Late registration - can there be an option for late registration for tournaments up to "n" level? Late players would have to wait for their big blind before being dealt in
Possibly in a future version, but not any time soon. Late registration is usually only allowed on really big tournaments (i.e., thousands of players) where setting aside some empty seats and showing up a few minutes late won't really affect the tournament.