Perhaps..

Add your suggestions for improving Poker Mavens
lildamien09

Perhaps..

Post by lildamien09 »

Perhaps maybe the ability for users to private chat with each other. just an idea, but then again it could be used to cheat. but i was thinking more for if they were at diff. tables and wanted to communicate with one another they had that option. Not eveyone uses and instant messenger. and possibly along with that could be a buddy list and a message could pop up saying when one of there friends logged in and they could invite them to there table and what not.
lildamien09

Re: Perhaps..

Post by lildamien09 »

Also was thinking if i set a players title to admin or mod, it would come in hand to have some gui features for that. some kind of varification of title and if admin/mod then features or perhaps a menu would be added for those specified with options like send message to tournament, and other quik fuctions verses having them leave the game to goto created api pages and what not.
imperialized

Post by imperialized »

I put this in the wrong thread..
Last edited by imperialized on Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David Lallone
http://www.whypaypoker.com
WhyPayPoker Owner
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

lildamien09 wrote:Also was thinking if i set a players title to admin or mod, it would come in hand to have some gui features for that. some kind of varification of title and if admin/mod then features or perhaps a menu would be added for those specified with options like send message to tournament, and other quik fuctions verses having them leave the game to goto created api pages and what not.
You can reserve a little screen space around the game (using the built in ad settings or via iframes) for putting in custom html controls that could be used for admin functions.
lildamien09

Post by lildamien09 »

that is similar to what i do now and defeats the purpose of my request/opinion. it still requires them to leave the game being its covered by a new window via the link in the ad section. i could put the api code into the link but then im letting everyone who logs in have those functions. im talking about in game authentication and functions without having to actually leave the game. i have the mod pages using api and what not but for simple fuctions such as that i think would be a good feature for future realeses. but it was just a thought.

any suggestion on how to embed the application into my website.. would i use the simple embed src code?
lildamien09

Post by lildamien09 »

btw. the language features in the newest release are awsome. nice addition.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

lildamien09 wrote:that is similar to what i do now and defeats the purpose of my request/opinion. it still requires them to leave the game being its covered by a new window via the link in the ad section.
You can specify the size of the popup window and keep it small so it doesn't cover up the whole game.
i could put the api code into the link but then im letting everyone who logs in have those functions.
You could implement your own login system via the session keys and display one layout for normal players and a different one for your admins.
im talking about in game authentication and functions without having to actually leave the game.
It would be very difficult to predict what functions a site owner would want to include and who/how/when they should be exposed to. When you do it yourself, you get exactly what you need.
any suggestion on how to embed the application into my website.. would i use the simple embed src code?
You can use an iframe tag and set the src parameter to your game server url.
lildamien09

Post by lildamien09 »

alright well thanks for the feedback. i will work on somethin.