Player Speech Bubble

Add your suggestions for improving Poker Mavens
james

Player Speech Bubble

Post by james »

It would be great if each player had a speech bubble that would popup next to their avatar when they enter something into the chat, just long enough to read it, then it disappears again.
I think this would make it easier for the players to keep track of the player chat.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Speech Bubble

Post by Kent Briggs »

james wrote:It would be great if each player had a speech bubble that would popup next to their avatar when the enter something into the chat, just long enough to read it, then it disappears again.
I think this would make it easier for the players to keep track of the player chat.
That would probably get annoying pretty quick. Plus it would cover up portions of the table like someone's bet or the cards, especially if multiple people entered text at the same time.
CanadaWest

Re: Player Speech Bubble

Post by CanadaWest »

Waaaaaay too cute.

If you ever decide to add something like this, make sure it can be shut off.
George
(CanadaWest)
www.playersclub.ca
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

CanadaWest wrote:Waaaaaay too cute.

If you ever decide to add something like this, make sure it can be shut off.
Probably a better way to do it would be to just flash a little yellow box graphic without any text in it just to indicate that person just said something. Then you could direct your eye to the regular chat box to see the actual chat text. And of course, an option to turn that off.
james

Post by james »

Probably a better way to do it would be to just flash a little yellow box graphic without any text in it just to indicate that person just said something. Then you could direct your eye to the regular chat box to see the actual chat text. And of course, an option to turn that off.
Arrggh, yes, That is a better idea. It was a request from a client who I am building a site for. The feedback I got was it is hard to keep track of the conversation with the chat box alone, so some sort of indicator like that to show someone is chatting would be handy.