Administration Features

Add your suggestions for improving Poker Mavens
lildamien09

Administration Features

Post by lildamien09 »

i was wondering if you thought about adding settings to where you can set access levels for users(1 being normal user, 2 mod,3 admin, etc.), and then changing the \admin section to where users with correct permissions can login using there username and pass. on top of that if they had forsay a level 2 permission they would only be able to have certain options and level 3's with full control. and then having a log showing what mod/admin did what.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Administration Features

Post by Kent Briggs »

lildamien09 wrote:i was wondering if you thought about adding settings to where you can set access levels for users(1 being normal user, 2 mod,3 admin, etc.), and then changing the \admin section to where users with correct permissions can login using there username and pass. on top of that if they had forsay a level 2 permission they would only be able to have certain options and level 3's with full control. and then having a log showing what mod/admin did what.
No, there's so many combinations of what functions could be performed that it would be difficult to design. Instead, as I mentioned recently in another thread, you can just design your system with the API and just give the exact people you want the exact server functions you want them to have access to. The Title, Level, Custom, or Notes fields could be used to assign a status to each individual.
lildamien09

Post by lildamien09 »

i got you.. so the api is pretty much capable of anything as far as customizing your own apps to communicate to the server
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

lildamien09 wrote:i got you.. so the api is pretty much capable of anything as far as customizing your own apps to communicate to the server
With only a few exceptions, just about everything you can do manually at the server console can be done with a program or web script through the API. Below is a list of commands available, which are all documented in the help:

http://www.briggsoft.com/docs/pmavens/T ... erface.htm

Accounts - AccountsAdd, AccountsDecBalance, AccountsDelete, AccountsEdit, AccountsGet, AccountsIncBalance, AccountsList, AccountsSessionKey

Blacklist - BlacklistAdd, BlacklistDelete, BlacklistEdit, BlacklistGet, BlacklistList

Connections - ConnectionsGet, ConnectionsList, ConnectionsMessage, ConnectionsTerminate

Logs - LogsAddEvent, LogsError, LogsEvent, LogsHandHistory

Ring Games - RingGamesAdd, RingGamesDelete, RingGamesEdit, RingGamesGet, RingGamesList, RingGamesMessage, RingGamesOffline, RingGamesOnline, RingGamesPause, RingGamesPlaying, RingGamesResume, RingGamesWaiting

System - SystemGet, SystemSet, SystemEntryFeeDec, SystemEntryFeeGet, SystemEntryFeeInc, SystemEntryFeeSet, SystemRakeDec, SystemRakeGet, SystemRakeInc, SystemRakeSet, SystemStats

Tournaments - TournamentsAdd, TournamentsDelete, TournamentsEdit, TournamentsGet, TournamentsList, TournamentsMessage, TournamentsOffline, TournamentsOnline, TournamentsPause, TournamentsPlaying, TournamentsRegister, TournamentsRemoveNoShows, TournamentsResults, TournamentsResume, TournamentsStart, TournamentsUnregister, TournamentsWaiting