The Tournaments List

Add your suggestions for improving Poker Mavens
CanadaWest

The Tournaments List

Post by CanadaWest »

Some space-saver and player-friendly ideas for the tournaments list columns..

Color coding: Allow us to set the color of each tournament listing. I would make Freerolls green, Sit&Gos Blue, Private tourneys Red, ....

Start Time column: I know when I go on PokerSters or any of the other cash sites, the first thing I do is sort the tournaments by Date/TIME so I can see whats coming up next. We really should have that. I would like to see it as the FIRST column, default sorting.

ID column: If we can save some space in (or eliminate) other columns, we can have longer, more descriptive IDs. please remove the 25 character limit.

Game Column: Shorten the values to save space. ie. "NL Holdem: instead of "No Limit Holdem" saves six characters (maybe we will be able to do this in the language settings already)

PW column: Not necessary, in my opinion, it could be removed. Color coding (red?) might indicate a private tourney.

Buy In column: looks good.

Tables column: In my opinion it can be removed. Do players really care how many tables there are? They want to know, maybe, how many players per table (St/Tb) and how many players (Status) in the tourney, but how may tables?? Anyone who cares can do the math.

St/Tb column: OK maybe some might care. I prefer an short handed, 6 player table limit, myself.

Status column: Split the status (Reg'd, Playing, Resetting) from the player count (eg 12/100) and put the player count in a column called "Reg'd" or "Enrolled" (as Poker Stars does) and then the values are just the numbers. eg "0/100". (very useful if we can convince Kent to add an "Announced" status). Which brings us to my other post today...
George
(CanadaWest)
www.playersclub.ca
cuervo5150

Re: The Tournaments List

Post by cuervo5150 »

CanadaWest wrote: Color coding: Allow us to set the color of each tournament listing. I would make Freerolls green, Sit&Gos Blue, Private tourneys Red, ....

That is a very cool idea and I like those color choices. However, sysops using different color schemes may run into issues. So there would need to be fields added to select the color of each type.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

cuervo5150 wrote:
CanadaWest wrote: Color coding: Allow us to set the color of each tournament listing. I would make Freerolls green, Sit&Gos Blue, Private tourneys Red, ....
That is a very cool idea and I like those color choices. However, sysops using different color schemes may run into issues. So there would need to be fields added to select the color of each type.
Well if I did that I'd just add a color field to the tournament settings. Then you would set them individually as desired.
CanadaWest

Post by CanadaWest »

Right on. Flexibility is always the best option.

My "pet" idea from that list is the Date/Time column though.
George
(CanadaWest)
www.playersclub.ca
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

CanadaWest wrote:Right on. Flexibility is always the best option.

My "pet" idea from that list is the Date/Time column though.
Most likely any significant GUI changes will be saved for the next major version.