Player permissions

Add your suggestions for improving Poker Mavens
MonTheHoops

Player permissions

Post by MonTheHoops »

Would there be an option to set player permissions to enter tournaments?

If I was to run a tournament let's say for Charity, I only wanted certain members who have donated to the fund to play that tournament, could there be an option that once I had checked their payment arrived to then give them access to that tourny? I know about the password option but that isn't foolproof cos they could share the password around their mates maybe?

Cheers
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Player permissions

Post by Kent Briggs »

MonTheHoops wrote: If I was to run a tournament let's say for Charity, I only wanted certain members who have donated to the fund to play that tournament, could there be an option that once I had checked their payment arrived to then give them access to that tourny? I know about the password option but that isn't foolproof cos they could share the password around their mates maybe?
Password protect the tournament to keep out manual registrations and then use the TournamentsRegister API command to register those people. They don't need to know the password in that case so they can't share it with anyone. Other people can still watch if you set the Private field to "No".
lildamien09

Post by lildamien09 »

Also. if you run a server, its your job to monitor it. if you see someone doing something or having access to something they should be. disconnect them. ban them. whatever. that goes for any type of server. i log all of my servers and manage them myself daily.
CanadaWest

Post by CanadaWest »

MonTheHoops,

If you want your qualified players to be able to choose one of a series of charity games instead of registering them yourself, you can put a "ticket" in one of the optional fields of their player info. Then use api to validate (and remove) that ticket when they register for the tournament.
George
(CanadaWest)
www.playersclub.ca
MonTheHoops

Post by MonTheHoops »

CanadaWest wrote:MonTheHoops,

If you want your qualified players to be able to choose one of a series of charity games instead of registering them yourself, you can put a "ticket" in one of the optional fields of their player info. Then use api to validate (and remove) that ticket when they register for the tournament.
That sounds great fella, but I wouldnt know where to begin with that :D

Cheers for the ideas, I will see what I can come up with.

Paul.